口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第506期:Embarrassing Moments 尷尬時刻

本文已影響 1.29W人 

Mark: So Todd what would you say was your best moment of your whole high school experience?

馬克:託德,你認爲你整個高中生涯中最美好的時刻是什麼時候?

Todd: Oh, wow. My best moment was, well I played football and they never gave me the ball. I always sat on the bench and then one game, I actually got to touch the ball and run with the ball, but unfortunately it was also my worst moment, cause as I was running with the football, you run forward and there was nobody in front of me and I tripped, and it was pretty embarrassing.

託德:哦,哇。我最美好的時刻……我高中時踢足球,可是他們卻從來不傳球給我。所以我總是坐在替補席上,然後有一場比賽我觸球了,而且帶球奔跑,可是不幸的是那也是我最糟糕的時刻,因爲我帶球向前跑的時候,前面沒有人可是我絆倒了,那真是太尷尬了。

Mark: Like you, the field was open, you could have.

馬克:前面是開放的,其實你可以進球。

Todd: Scored. Yeah, yeah. Could have been the hero and all that and I tripped. But most of my negative stuff, or my bad memories were all to do with girls.

託德:本可以進球。是啊。我本來能成爲英雄,可是我卻摔倒了。不過我大部分痛苦的回憶都與女孩有關。

Mark: Yeah, me too.

馬克:我也是。

Todd: Let's see, there was one time I asked a girl out to a date and she said that she would go out with me, and I was so happy, and I was walking away from her and I was waving and at the last minute I saw her turn away and flinch, and I thought, "Why is she flinching? Why is she turning away?" That's right about the time I walked right into a pole. It just about knocked me out, and so she didn't even come over and see if I was OK. She kind of just left me there cause she figured I was embarrassed.

託德:有一次我邀請一個女孩出去約會,她答應我會和我約會,當時我非常高興,我從她旁邊走開時一直在向她揮手,可是最後我看到她轉過臉去逃避我,當時我在想:“她爲什麼要躲避我?她爲什麼要把臉轉過去?”那時我撞在了一根杆子上,幾乎撞暈了過去,可是她卻沒有過來看看我是不是還好。她就那樣把我一個人留在了那裏,因爲她認爲我很尷尬。

Mark: Oh, were you embarrassed?

馬克:哦,你當時很尷尬嗎?

Todd: Of course.

託德:當然了。

Mark: Of course.

馬克:當然。

Todd: There was another girl the year before that I has asked out for my first date. So we went out to the movies and then after the date, you have to walk her to the front door (right) and we walked to the front door and the main thing is can you get a kiss goodnight (right) so I was just so nervous that she wouldn't kiss me and so then we walked to the front door and she kissed me and I was so happy cause I just felt like "Wow, I got a kiss on my first date!" and then I went to school the next Monday morning and I'm walking through campus and I feel really good because, you know, I can say that I got a kiss, and I walk up to my friends and they just start laughing at me, and they're like, "Yeah, we talked with Laura" that was the girl's name, "We talked with Laura and she said you kiss like a fish."

託德:那年還有一個女孩,我邀請她和我出去約會,那是我第一次約會。我們一起去看了電影,約會之後你要把她送到家門口(對),我在想到家門口以後會不會得到晚安吻(對),我當時非常緊張,怕她不會親吻我,我們走到家門口後,她吻了我,我很高興,因爲我想:“哇,我在第一次約會中得到了一個吻!”下個週一早上我去上學,我非常高興,因爲我可以炫耀我接吻了,我向朋友們走去,他們看到我就開始笑我,他們說:“我們和勞拉聊過了”,勞拉是那個女孩的名字,“我們和勞拉聊過了,她說你接吻像魚一樣。”

Mark: Ah, man (so) Oh, that's rough.

馬克:啊,天哪,那真糟糕。

Todd: Yeah, it's pretty bad. My moment of glory was ruined.

託德:是啊,太糟糕了。我的榮耀時刻就這麼毀了。

美語情景對話 第506期:Embarrassing Moments 尷尬時刻

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. be sth. to do with sth.
與…有關;關於;
eg. They were shouting at each other. It was something to do with money.
他們在吵架,是爲了錢的事。
eg. My new job is something to do with marketing.
我的新工作和市場營銷有關。
2. knock out
使不省人事;使入睡;
eg. He was knocked out by a single blow to the head.
他頭上只被打了一下便昏過去了。
eg. The police was hit on the head and knocked out.
警察頭部被擊,暈倒了。
3. laugh at
嘲笑;譏笑;
eg. Don't laugh at unfortunate people.
不要嘲笑不幸的人。
eg. They laughed at my puny efforts at rock-climbing.
他們取笑我在攀巖活動中的那可憐勁兒。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章