口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第523期:Used Clothes 二手衣服

本文已影響 2.72K人 

Todd: Hey, Marion, I like you outfit. Nice jeans and T-shirt.

託德:嘿,馬里昂,我喜歡你的衣服。牛仔褲和T恤真漂亮。

Marion: Oh, thank you.

馬里昂:哦,謝謝你。

Todd: Where did you get it?

託德:你是哪裏買的?

Marion: Actually, my T-shirt is a hand-me-down from a friend of mine who's leaving so she gave me some of her clothes.

馬里昂:實際上我的T恤是我朋友給我的二手衣服,我朋友要離開了,所以她把她的一些衣服給了我。

Todd: Oh, really. Ah, OK. See, that's cool, like if I know the person who wore the shirt before, I'll wear it, but I will never go to a second hand clothing store or a used clothing store (Really) I think that's disgusting.

託德:哦,是嗎?這很酷,如果我知道以前穿這件衣服的人是誰,我會穿這件衣服,所以我從來不去二手服裝店或舊衣店(是嗎),我覺得那很噁心。

Marion: Why?

馬里昂:爲什麼?

Todd: Well, I mean, you don't know who wore it before.

託德:我的意思是,你不知道那些衣服以前誰穿過。

Marion: But they're washed, Todd. You know!

馬里昂:可是託德,他們會清洗那些衣服的。你知道的!

Todd: Yeah, but, OK, first of all, what if the person who wore it was just the type or person you really hated. There's something about the person that you just really didn't like, and then, now you're wearing that person's clothes. Doesn't that disgust you?

託德:我知道,可是,首先來說,以前穿過那件衣服的人可能就是你最討厭的那種人。你真的非常不喜歡那個人的某些方面,可是現在你卻穿着那個人穿過的衣服。你不會覺得那很噁心嗎?

Marion: No, do think a person's personality rubs off on their clothes (No, but) and then it survives the wash cycle in your washing machine?

馬里昂:不,你是認爲一個人的性格會傳遞到衣服上嗎?(不是,可是……)而且還會在你用洗衣機清洗後繼續存在?

Todd: OK. Right. Right. I see what you're saying, but I'll put it to you this way. Imagine that you work with somebody.

託德:好吧。我明白你的意思了,我這樣說吧。想象一下你和某個人一起工作。

Marion: Yes.

馬里昂:好。

Todd: Ok, at your job, is there somebody that you don't like.

託德:你的工作環境中有沒有你不喜歡的人?

Marion: Yes.

馬里昂:有。

Todd: OK, now imagine that there's a clothing bin and people can put clothes in there and you see a shirt and you like it, and you're just about to take it and someone says, that's that persons shirt. Would you still take it?

託德:好。現在想象有一個衣物箱,人們可以把衣物放進去,你看到了一件喜歡的襯衫,你剛要去拿那件衣服,就聽到有人說那是那個你討厭的人的襯衫。你還會拿嗎?

Marion: Mm, I probably wouldn't.

馬里昂:嗯,我可能不會拿了。

Todd: Right. See. See.

託德:你看吧,就是這樣。

Marion: Yeah, but only because I wouldn't want to feel like that person had done me a favor in some way. (Right) I wouldn't want to be beholden to that person if I don't like them.

馬里昂:嗯,這僅僅是因爲我不想有那個討厭的人以某種方式幫了我一個忙這種感覺。(對)如果我不喜歡那個人,那我就不想欠他的人情。

Todd: Right. Yeah. I mean, I don't know. I guess it's good to have second hand clothes if people don't have anything, you know for charity and things like that.

託德:對。我也不清楚。我想如果有人什麼都沒有,那去慈善商店之類的地方買二手衣服是不錯的選擇。

Marion: Yeah. Well, actually, when I was in college, I didn't have very much money, so the only clothes I could buy were second-hand clothes so I actually really got to like going around the charity shops and finding clothes that I really liked, so nothing that was following the trends of the moment, but in college that really doesn't matter. I think it's better to wear something if you feel comfortable in, and I think there's a real sense of achievement when you find something that you've wanted for God-knows-how-long, for example, I found a brown suede jacket one time in a charity shop, and I thought, "Oh, my God. This is exactly the type of suede jacket that I have been longing for", but I could never afford that jacket at full-price, even at half-price in a normal shop. I could never have had it, so actually most of my wardrobe at home is second hand clothes I would say, and I love it. I will go to a second hand clothes shop before a normal clothes shop any day. It's so much more fun.

馬里昂:對。實際上我上大學時沒有什麼錢,當時我唯一買得起的衣服就是二手衣服,所以我喜歡逛慈善商店,在那裏買我喜歡的衣服,當時完全沒有追隨潮流的想法,這在大學期間沒什麼問題。我認爲穿衣服舒服更重要,找到一件你一直想找的衣服會有一種成就感,舉例來說,有一次我在一家慈善商店發現了一件棕色絨面夾克,當時我想:“哦,天哪。這就是我一直想要的那件絨面夾克”,可是我買不起普通商店原價賣的這種夾克,即使是半價促銷我也買不起。我不可能買得起,所以實際上我家裏衣櫃裏的大部分衣服都是二手衣服,但是我很喜歡。哪天我在逛普通服裝店時要先去趟二手服裝店,那會有很多樂趣的。

Todd: Well, that's very interesting. You have fun shopping at those stores.

託德:那真是非常有意思。你會在那些服裝店度過愉快時光的。

Marion: I will.

馬里昂:我會的。

美語情景對話 第523期:Used Clothes 二手衣服

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. hand-me-down
別人用過的東西;(尤指)舊衣物;
eg. Edward wore Andrew's hand-me-downs.
愛德華穿安德魯穿過的舊衣服。
eg. Most of the boys wore hand-me-down military shirts from their fathers.
多數男孩子穿着自己父親穿過的舊軍裝襯衫。
2. first of all
第一;首先;
eg. First of all we must identify the problem areas.
首先我們必須找出問題所在。
eg. First of all, allow me to extend to you my warmest welcome.
首先,請允許我向你們表達我最熱烈的歡迎。
3. rub off on
影響;感染;
eg. He was a tremendously enthusiastic teacher and that rubbed off on all the children.
他是一個滿腔熱情的老師,他的熱情也感染了所有的孩子。
eg. Jimmy is wery lucky; I wish some of his luck would rub off on me.
吉米非常幸運,我希望他的好運氣能傳給我一些。
4. be about to do sth.
即將(做…)的;快要(發生…)的;
eg. She was about to explore another life with Frank.
她將和弗蘭克一起去開闢新的生活。
eg. It's rather tough on him falling ill just as he's about to go on holiday.
他正要去度假卻生病了,真倒黴。
5. do sb. a favor
恩惠;幫忙;
eg. She implored me to do her a favor.
她懇求我幫她這個忙。
eg. He is always ready to do his classmates a favor.
他總是樂於幫助同學。
6. in some way
在一些方面;在某種意義上;
eg. She was very striking but in some way I felt repelled.
她非常引人注目,但我覺得她有些討厭。
eg. We may be able to help you out in some way .
在某些方面我們或許可以幫助你。
7. be beholden to
欠…人情的;受…恩惠的;對…負有義務的;
eg. He was made beholden to the Mafia.
他受過黑手黨的恩惠。
eg. She didn't like to be beholden to anyone.
她不願欠任何人的情。
8. long for
渴望;渴求;企盼;
eg. Senior citizens long for a more predictable and secure future.
老年人渴望有一個更穩定、更可預見的未來。
eg. I am longing for quiet rural life.
我極想過清靜的鄉村生活。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章