口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第234期:The Outfit 衣服

本文已影響 1.77W人 

Todd: Jessica, I see you're wearing a cute outfit!

託德:傑西卡,你的衣服真可愛!

Jessica: Thanks Todd.

傑西卡:託德,謝謝你。

Todd: OK, so where did you get your clothes?

託德:嗯,你都在哪兒買衣服?

Jessica: Well, I got these in the states actually, and if you ever want to borrow them you can?

傑西卡:嗯,實際上我是在美國買的這些衣服,如果你想借穿的話沒問題。

Todd: Thanks, thanks. I think we're maybe not the same size.

託德:謝謝,謝謝。我想我們衣服的尺寸不一樣。

Jessica: Right, right, a little different. Yeah, the slippers are kind of a nice touch to it. We have to wear slippers where we work, so even though we work inside a university building, and we go outside actually, everything's in slippers.

傑西卡:沒錯,對,有些不同。嗯,拖鞋像是一種配飾。我們工作的時候必須要穿拖鞋,所以即使我們在大學教學樓裏工作,我們也要外出的,所以拖鞋很重要。

Todd: OK, so you got the slippers in the states?

託德:對,那你也是在美國買的這些拖鞋?

Jessica: Yeah, I got the slippers in, because my feet are so humongous that I would not be able to get.

傑西卡:對,我在美國買的,因爲我的腳太大了,所以不好買。

Todd: They're not that big!

託德:你的腳並不是很大!

Jessica: There size ten.

傑西卡:我穿十號鞋。

Todd: Ooh, that's...

託德:哦,那是……

Jessica: That's pretty big.

傑西卡:是真的很大。

Todd: Yeah, Yeah OK. Well, they look comfortable.

託德:嗯,對,沒錯。嗯,鞋看上去很舒服。

Jessica: They are. They are. They're like clogs.

傑西卡:沒錯,是很舒服。就像厚底鞋。

Todd: OK, and where, the pants?

託德:對,那褲子呢?

Jessica: Express.

傑西卡:在Express買的。

Todd: Express is a store?

託德:Express是家店嗎?

Jessica: Is a store, in America, yeah. Just a, kind of, they're business, business casual.

傑西卡:對,是美國的店。類似商務休閒裝的一個牌子。

Todd: How much did you pay?

託德:多少呢?

Jessica: Ooh, too much I think! About 50 dollars U.S.

傑西卡:哦,我想很貴!大概50美元。

Todd: for pants?

託德:褲子嗎?

Jessica: For pants, but they're...

傑西卡:對,褲子,不過……

Todd: I've never paid 50 dollars for pants in my entire life.

託德:我一生中都沒有花50美元買過褲子。

Jessica: No! Really!

傑西卡:不是吧,真的嗎!

Todd: Well it shows, my fashion sense. And your shirt, your blouse?

託德:嗯,不過能看出我的時尚品味。那你的襯衫呢?

Jessica: I got it from, from, Learners, which is also another store in the states, and this was like actually 35 dollars.

傑西卡:我從Learners買的,是另一個美國的牌子,這件衣服要35美元。

Todd: 35 dollars! You spend a lot of money on clothes.

託德:35美元!你在衣服上花了很多錢啊。

Jessica: No, I don't though. I just, for business clothes. You have to have professional looking clothes so..

傑西卡:不,其實不是。我只是在職業裝上花費的多。你必須要有一些職業裝,所以……

美語情景對話 第234期:The Outfit 衣服

重點講解:
1. kind of
稍微;有幾分;有點兒;
eg. It was kind of sad, really.
有點兒讓人難過,真的。
eg. She wasn't beautiful. But she was kind of cute.
她不漂亮。但她有幾分可愛。
eg. It kind of gives us an idea of what's happening.
這讓我們大概瞭解了正在發生的事情。
2. touch
這裏表示:潤色;裝點;修飾;
eg. They called the event 'a tribute to heroes', which was a nice touch.
他們把這一活動稱爲“向英雄致敬”,這可是加分之舉。
eg. Small touches to a room such as flowers can be what gives a house its vitality.
房間裏放些諸如鮮花之類的小點綴可以給家裏帶來生氣。
3. be able to do sth.
(因具有品質或技能)能做到…的;(因有足夠的自由、權力、時間、財力等而)可以…的,能夠…的;
eg. The company say they're able to keep pricing competitive...
該公司說他們能夠使定價保持競爭力。
eg. You'll be able to read in peace.
你就能安心地讀書了。
eg. It would be nice to be able to afford to retire earlier.
無後顧之憂而能提早退休當是件幸事。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章