口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第238期:Great Fruit 豐富的水果

本文已影響 2.81W人 

Todd: Hey, Lois, why don't you have a plum!

託德:嗨,洛伊絲,來個李子吃吧!

Lois: Oh, thank you very much. Lovely!

洛伊絲:哦,非常謝謝你。好吃!

Todd: You like plums?

託德:你喜歡吃李子?

Lois: I love all fruits, but plums especially.

洛伊絲:所有的水果我都愛吃,不過特別喜歡李子。

Todd: Oh, there goes the water.

託德:哦,它們富含水分。

Lois: It's very juicy.

洛伊絲:有很多果汁。

Todd: It is juicy. How does it taste?

託德:有很多果汁。味道怎麼樣?

Lois: Mm, it tastes sweet, very refreshing.

洛伊絲:嗯,是甜的,非常清新的味道。

Todd: Mm, I love plums.

託德:嗯,我喜歡李子。

Lois: Yeah, me too.

洛伊絲:我也喜歡。

Todd: Guess how much this box cost?

託德:你猜這盒李子要多少錢?

Lois: I'm thinking it's probably quite expensive, so in yen, maybe 1,000 yen.

洛伊絲:我想可能會非常貴,大概1000日元吧。

Todd: Ah, yeah, pretty close. It cost 900 yen for 8 plums.

託德:對,差不多。這8個李子就要900日元。

Lois: Very expensive in Japan.

洛伊絲:日本的價格真的很貴。

Todd: I know it's crazy. In America you can get this for like maybe 200 yen. Not even that, maybe 100 yen.

託德:我知道,這很讓人抓狂。在美國的話,這些大概200日元就能買到。可能都不用,100日元就能買到。

Lois: In England it's cheap but probably not as cheap as in America. I think maybe because we have to import everything. It's slightly more expensive.

洛伊絲:在英國李子很便宜,不過不像美國那麼便宜。我想,可能是因爲我們所有的東西都要靠進口。所以會有些貴。

Todd: Actually, that's a good question. What fruits do you grow in England?

託德:實際上,這是個很好的問題。英國種植什麼水果?

Lois: Apples and Apples and maybe pears and...

洛伊絲:蘋果,可能還有梨……

Todd: No coconuts?

託德:沒有椰子嗎?

Lois: No coconuts. No bananas. and maybe we grow plums. I don't know.

洛伊絲:沒有椰子。沒有香蕉。可能我們種李子,我不清楚。

Todd: It looks like a very English fruit.

託德:那看上去像英國的代表水果。

Lois: But definitely apples.

洛伊絲:那絕對是蘋果。

Todd: Or strawberries?

託德:或者草莓?

Lois: Strawberries, oh yeah. Lots of strawberries and tomatoes but maybe they're a vegetable some people say fruit. Some people say vegetable. But lots of tomatoes. And I'm sure lots of other things but, I just know about apples.

洛伊絲:草莓,對,沒錯。英國種植很多草莓和土豆,不過可能它們屬於蔬菜,有些人說它們是水果,有些人說是蔬菜。不過英國種植大量的土豆。我確定還種植大量的其他作物,不過我只知道蘋果。

Todd: What's your favorite fruit?

託德:你最喜歡的水果是什麼?

Lois: My favorite fruit! I really like pineapples, and I also like strawberries. Strawberries and cream. It's one of my favorite desserts.

洛伊絲:我最喜歡的水果!我非常喜歡菠蘿,我還喜歡草莓。草莓奶油是我最喜歡的甜點之一。

Todd: Yeah, so have you ever been to Wimbleton and had strawberries and cream?

託德:嗯,你去溫布登吃過草莓奶油嗎?

Lois: I haven't. I'd love to go. But strawberries and cream at Wimbleton are so expensive. I don't know how much but really, really expensive.

洛伊絲:沒有。我很想去。不過溫布登的草莓奶油非常貴。我不清楚具體的價格,不過真的很貴。

padding-bottom: 63.5%;">美語情景對話 第238期:Great Fruit 豐富的水果

重點講解:
1. Why
問句中與 not 連用表示建議,爲什麼不……
eg. Why not give Claire a call?
爲什麼不給克萊爾打個電話?
eg. Why don't you come home with me until you sort things out?
你何不先和我一起回家,等事情解決了再走?
eg. Why don't we talk it through?
爲什麼我們不把這事談開呢?
2.
像…一樣;
eg. I never went through a final exam that was as difficult as that one.
我從來沒有碰到過像那次那麼難的期末考試。
eg. There was no obvious reason why this could not be as good a film as the original.
找不出明顯的理由來解釋爲什麼這部片子拍得不如原先的好。
3. would love to do sth.
樂於;很願意做某事;
eg. I would love to play for England again.
我很樂意再次爲英格蘭隊效力。
eg. His wife would love him to give up his job.
他妻子很樂意他辭去工作。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章