口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第408期:Things People Fear 人們害怕的事情

本文已影響 1.14W人 

Todd: Ruth, what is something you are afraid of? Like snakes, spiders, rats?

託德:魯斯,你有害怕的東西嗎?比如蛇,蜘蛛或是老鼠?

Ruth: Probably sharks.

魯斯:應該是鯊魚。

Todd: Sharks.

託德:鯊魚。

Ruth: I know that sounds quite irrational, especially when I don't live near the sea but just the thought of being eaten by a shark. It's horrific. I really, really, I'm frightened of sharks.

魯斯:我知道這聽起來不合常理,尤其是我也不生活在海邊,但是隻是想想被鯊魚咬的場景,那真是太可怕了。我真的非常非常害怕鯊魚。

Todd: Have you ever seen a shark?

託德:你看到過鯊魚嗎?

Ruth: No.

魯斯:沒有。

Todd: No.

託德:沒有嗎?

Ruth: Thankfully.

魯斯:謝天謝地。

Todd: Yeah.

託德:是啊。

Ruth: I think I'd run a mile.

魯斯:我想我得跑得遠遠的。

Todd: I don't know really what I'm afraid of, I guess,I don't like heights too much. Yeah, so. I have to admit that when I'm on a plane I get kind of freaked out, when I fly, yeah. You think, "How is this thing staying in the air?". You know?

託德:我不清楚我到底害什麼,我想我不喜歡太高的地方。所以我必須承認,我在飛機上的時候,在飛行的時候會有點兒害怕。你想想,就像“這個東西到底是怎麼待在空中的?”你懂嗎?

Ruth: You're always happy to land.

魯斯:着陸的時候你總是很高興。

Todd: Yeah, yeah. Always, always, very happy to land, and often when I go home I have to fly across the Pacific and there's no land so you look out your window and you think, "Ah, if something goes wrong with the plane we can't land anymore, but that's very irrational because most accidents I think happen over mountains, so. I think so.

託德:對,是啊。着陸的時候我非常高興,通常我要回家的時候必須要飛過太平洋,那裏沒有陸地,所以當你向窗戶外面看的時候,你會想“啊,如果這架飛機出了什麼問題,那我們就再也不能着陸了”,不過這非常不合常理,因爲我診斷大多數事故都是在山區發生的。我是這麼認爲的。

Ruth: Although if you landed in the sea, then there might be sharks.

魯斯:即使你降落在海面上,那裏可能也會有鯊魚。

Todd: That's true. How do you feel when you fly?

託德:那倒是真的。你在飛行的時候有什麼感覺?

Ruth: I quite like flying actually. I quite like it. I mean I'm quite used to flying. I've flown to a lot of places. If it's a long haul flight, i guess it's a bit boring, but I like the handheld computer you get to play with.

魯斯:實際上我非常喜歡坐飛機。我很喜歡。我是說我很習慣坐飛機。我坐飛機去過很多地方。我認爲長途飛行有點無聊,但是我喜歡帶着手提電腦,這樣就可以在飛機上玩了。

Todd: Yeah, those are nice.

託德:是啊,那真是很不錯。

Ruth: They're good.

魯斯:它們非常好。

Todd: Now, you're a vegetarian so what's the food like?

託德:你是素食主義者,那飛機上的食物怎麼樣?

Ruth: Oh, well the last time I flew I didn't get any vegetarian food. I think I forgot to tell them, so I had to eat the chicken, whatever.

魯斯:哦,上次我坐飛機的時候他們就不提供素食。我想我忘了告訴他們,所以我不得不選了雞肉。

Todd: Really, you actually ate the chicken?

託德:真,實際上你可以吃雞肉?

Ruth: No, I didn't eat it. I didn't eat it. I just had it in front of me.

魯斯:不,我沒有吃,我沒有吃。我只是把它們放在了我前面。

Todd: Yeah, I heard that the vegetarian meal are actually better than the chicken or beef meal.

託德:好吧,我聽說素食其實比雞肉或是牛肉餐好吃。

Ruth: Really, they're quite good, I mean when I've had then in the past they've been quite good.

魯斯:是啊,素食真的非常好吃,我是說我以前在飛機上吃過素食,真的非常好吃。

Todd: Well, here's to not seeing any sharks in the future.

託德:嗯,希望你以後也不會看到鯊魚。

Ruth: Absolutely.

魯斯:當然了。

美語情景對話 第408期:Things People Fear 人們害怕的事情

重點講解:
1. be afraid of
害怕的;恐懼的;
eg. The petty clerk was afraid of offending his boss.
這個小職員不敢得罪他的老闆。
eg. I'm not afraid of heights.
我不恐高。
2. freak out
(使)吃驚;(使)不安;(使)惱怒;(使)困惑;
eg. I freak out every time I see a bug.
我每次看到蟲子都會嚇得發瘋。
eg. The band's wild playing made the audience freak out.
樂隊的狂野表演把觀衆嚇壞了。
3. be happy to
樂意的;情願的;
eg. He's happy to mooch around the house all day.
他就願意在家裏閒待着。
eg. They were happy to partake of our feast, but not to share our company.
他們喜歡享用我們準備的豐盛大餐,但是不喜歡和我們呆在一起。
4. be used to doing sth.
習慣於;
eg. It was a bit of a shock: I'm not used to paying so much for a sandwich and a glass of beer.
我真有點吃驚:一片三明治加一杯啤酒就要花那麼多錢,我還不習慣。
eg. Many employees are used to being able to "call in sick" and have someone else cover their job, for instance.
很多員工都習慣裝病,或讓別人幫忙掩蓋他們的工作。
5. here's to
(祝酒詞)爲……乾杯;
eg. He raised his glass. 'Here's to neighbors.'
他舉起杯子: “各位高鄰,乾了這杯!”
eg. Tony smiled and lifted his glass. 'Here's to you, Amy.'
託尼微笑着舉起杯子。“爲你乾一杯,埃米。”

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章