口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠

本文已影響 1.55W人 

Ruth: Now Akane!

魯斯:茜!

Akane: Yeah.

茜:好。

Ruth: I've noticed that you fall asleep everywhere.

魯斯:我發現你在哪裏都能睡着。

Akane: Oh, you've noticed. Oh, no, it's actually a problem that I have.

茜:哦,你注意到了啊。其實這是困擾我的一個問題。

Ruth: Really?

魯斯:真的嗎?

Akane: Yeah, I do get sleepy.

茜:對,我總是昏昏欲睡。

Ruth: Well, it's just that whenever we come back from work, or we go to work, you always fall asleep on the bus.

魯斯:嗯,我們下班回家或是上班的路上,你總是會在公交車上睡着。

Akane: I do. I'm so tired in the mornings.

茜:的確是這樣。我早上非常累。

Ruth: So, you're tired in the mornings (Mm-hm) so don't you sleep at night?

魯斯:你早上很累(嗯),你晚上不睡覺嗎?

Akane: I do. I actually do go to bed quite early but I hate waking up really early so I think it's the early mornings that really get to me.

茜:睡覺。我晚上很早就上牀睡覺了,可是我討厭早起,所以我討厭清晨。

Ruth: So do you think lots of people in your family do this, because you know, you really do seem to sleep far more than anybody I've ever met.

魯斯:你家人是不是也這樣,你的睡覺時間真的比我認識的其他人要多得多。

Akane: Actually, yeah, my father does say that he falls asleep at work.

茜:實際上我爸爸說他上班時會睡着。

Ruth: No!

魯斯:不是吧。

Akane: Yeah. And my mom falls asleep at work as well when there's not costumers.

茜:是的。我媽媽在沒有客戶的時候也會在上班期間睡着。

Ruth: Oh, you're joking.

魯斯:開玩笑的吧。

Akane: Yeah. Yeah. So it runs in the family.

茜:真的。是真的。所以這是我們全家共有的問題。

Ruth: So have you ever done that? Have you ever fallen asleep at work?

魯斯:那你有過嗎?有在上班時間睡着過嗎?

Akane: Actually, well, I don't fall asleep when I'm teaching, cause its such a busy job (Yeah) but when I was working in an office, when I was doing medical research, it was such a boring job that I did used to fall asleep in front of the computer sometimes. It's really embarrassing.

茜:我在教學的時候不會睡着,因爲工作太忙了,但是我在辦公室做研究時,因爲實在太枯燥了我有幾次在電腦前面睡着了。這真的太尷尬了。

Ruth: So have you ever had an embarrassing moment when you've fallen asleep?

魯斯:你有沒有因爲睡着而經歷尷尬的時刻?

Akane: Actually, yes. One time we went to watch the symphony orchestra and it was beautiful music and I was enjoying myself but I just fell asleep in between.

茜:有。有一次我們去看交響樂團的演出,音樂非常美,我非常享受,不過我在演出中睡着了。

Ruth: Oh, no, Akane.

魯斯:哦,不是吧,茜。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:是的。

Ruth: So how many hours sleep do you normally get Akane?

魯斯:茜,你一般睡幾個小時?

Akane: Well, I try to get at least nine. Of course that's not always possible, so I'd say on average about eight and a half hours.

茜:嗯,我儘量保證睡夠九個小時。當然有時做不到,不過平均來說差不多八個半小時。

Ruth: Eight and a half.

魯斯:八個半小時。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:對。

Ruth: Well, I suppose if you add that to the five hours a day that you sleep that's quite a lot.

魯斯:我在想如果再加上那五個小時,你一天的睡覺時間可真夠長的。

Akane: If you put it that way.

茜:如果你這麼理解,是這樣的。

美語情景對話 第487期:Sleeping 睡眠

譯文屬僅供學習交流使,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. fall asleep
入睡;睡着;進入夢鄉;
eg. He was wont to fall asleep after supper.
他老是吃完晚飯就打盹。
eg. He fell asleep while (he was) doing his homework.
他做著做著功課就睡著了。
2. sth. get to sb.
對…產生影響;使痛苦;
eg. That's the first time I lost my cool in 20 years in this job. This whole thing's getting to me.
幹這份工作20年來,我頭一次失去了冷靜,這一切讓我大傷腦筋。
eg. Her constant nagging is beginning to get to him.
她不停地嘮叨惹得他生起氣來。
3. in between
在…之間;處於…中間;
eg. Up to then, they'd merrily bashed out albums in between tours.
那時,他們已經利用巡演的間隙輕鬆炮製了多張專輯。
eg. We have two lessons this morning, but there's some free time in between.
今天上午我們有兩節課,課間有些休息時間。
4. on average
平均起來;按平均值;
eg. There is very little rain here, merely 60 mm in a year on average.
這兒雨水極少,平均每年只有60毫米。
eg. On the average, there are 300 tourists a week.
每星期平均有300名遊客。
5. add to
添加;增加;摻加;
eg. A few jokes will add a final fillip to your speech.
幾句笑話會給你的演說添些生氣。
eg. I have nothing to add to my earlier statement.
我對我先前說的話,沒有什麼補充的。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章