口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第247期:Signs 標誌

本文已影響 2.56W人 

Todd: Hello, Jessica.

託德:你好,傑西卡。

Jessica: Hi, Todd.

傑西卡:嗨,託德。

Todd: Jessica, when were you born?

託德:傑西卡,你是什麼時候出生的?

Jessica: I was born October 6th, 1981.

傑西卡:我出生於1981年10月6日。

Todd: Wow, 1981.

託德:哇,1981年。

Jessica: Yeah, that's right.

傑西卡:對,沒錯。

Todd: Man, you're young. Whoo! I'm an old guy.

託德:哦,你真年輕。哇!我都老了。

Jessica: I'm 22 so.

傑西卡:我22歲。

Todd: Wow! My birthday is October 2nd, 1969, so we have over 10 years between us.

託德:哇!我是1969年10月22日出生的,所以我們有10多歲的年齡差。

Jessica: Yeah, that's right.

傑西卡:對,沒錯。

Todd: OK, so we're both libras.

託德:嗯,我們倆都是天秤座。

Jessica: Right.

傑西卡:沒錯。

Todd: Actually, I don't even know, what is libra? People say, oh, you're a libra? What does that mean?

託德:實際上,我甚至不清楚天秤座是什麼?人們總是說,哦,你是天秤座吧?那是什麼意思?

Jessica: Well, Libra I think is just balance. Right, so we don't, we're not extreme, neither one way nor another, so we keep that kind of happy medium all the time and we don't ever freak out and we're just kind of mellow. Just very equal.

傑西卡:嗯,我想天秤座代表着平衡。沒錯,所以我們不會過於極端,不會做得太過,我們會時刻保持一種中庸的方式,我們也不會情緒失控,我們通常處於一種溫和的狀態。很平和。

Todd: OK. So were very mellow, very equal.

託德:好的。所以我們非常溫和,非常平和。

Jessica: I think so. Kind of a nice equilibrium.

傑西卡:我想是這樣的。有點兒像平衡狀態。

Todd: OK, well you've worked with me awhile. Am I mellow?

託德:好,嗯,你和工一起工作有段兒時間了。你覺得我溫和嗎?

Jessica: I don't know. Yeah, I think so I think so.

傑西卡:我不清楚。嗯,我想是這樣的,你挺溫和的。

Todd: Maybe not, maybe not.

託德:可能不是,可能不是。

Jessica: I think so, yeah, no, definitely.

傑西卡:我想是的,不,絕對是的。

Todd: Maybe I go against the sign.

託德:也許我與這個含義不符。

Jessica: Right.

傑西卡:好吧。

Todd: OK, how about you? Are you mellow?

託德:好,那你呢?你溫和嗎?

Jessica: I think so. When it comes, cause I don't tend to go one extreme or the other. Just kind of straight off.

傑西卡:我想是的。在涉及到一些事時,因爲我不想太過極端化。我會保持穩定。

Todd: Even keel.

託德:平穩的。

Jessica: That's right.

傑西卡:沒錯。

ing-bottom: 74.25%;">美語情景對話 第247期:Signs 標誌

重點講解:
1. happy medium
中庸之道;折中辦法;
eg. I still aim to strike a happy medium between producing football that's worth watching and getting results.
我仍致力於打造這樣一種球風——既具觀賞性,又能得分,兩全其美。
eg. It's very difficult to strike a happy medium and make it right for everybody.
找到皆大歡喜的折中辦法頗有難度。
2. freak out
(使)吃驚;(使)不安;(使)惱怒;(使)困惑;
eg. I remember the first time I went onstage. I freaked out completely.
我還記得自己第一次登臺的情形。我完全嚇壞了。
eg. I think our music freaks people out sometimes.
我想我們的音樂有時會嚇着大家。
eg. It sort of frightens me. I guess I am kind of freaked out by it.
它讓我有點害怕。我想我可能被它弄得心裏有些發毛。
3. go against
違背;違反;
eg. Changes are being made here which go against my principles and I cannot agree with them.
這裏作的改動違背了我的原則,我不能同意。
eg. He went against the advice of his colleagues and resigned.
他不顧同事的勸告辭了職。
4. tend to do sth.
往往會;經常就;傾向於做某事;
eg. A problem for manufacturers is that lighter cars tend to be noisy...
製造商們遇到的一個問題是,重量較輕的汽車往往噪音大。
eg. We tend to make mistakes when we do things in a hurry.
忙中不免出錯。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章