口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第511期:The Roommate 室友

本文已影響 2.96W人 

Todd: Hey, Jeff this is a very nice apartment.

託德:嗨,傑夫,這個公寓真不錯。

Jeff: Hmm. It's comfortable. It's cozy. Japanese style.

傑夫:嗯。舒服又溫馨。這是日式公寓。

Todd: I like it. It's got the tatami mat, small kitchen. Do you live alone?

託德:我喜歡這間公寓。有榻榻米,還有間小廚房。你是一個人住嗎?

Jeff: I live alone but right now I have a friend of mine staying with me.

傑夫:我是一個人住,不過現在有個朋友和我住在一起。

Todd: Oh, really, a roommate.

託德:哦,室友。

Jeff: Sort of like a roommate, yes. A short term, he's staying with me short-term, so yes a roommate.

傑夫:有點兒像室友。他只是暫時和我住在一起,對,是室友。

Todd: OK, how's that going?

託德:好,感覺怎麼樣?

Jeff: Ah, I don't like it.

傑夫:我不喜歡。

Todd: Why?

託德:爲什麼?

Jeff: He's lazy. He's messy. He drinks too much. He doesn't exercise and he doesn't contribute any money to the rent.

傑夫:他又懶又邋遢還酗酒。他不鍛鍊,也不幫我分擔房租。

Todd: Ooh, so he lives here and he doesn't give you any money?

託德:哦,那他住在這裏可是沒有付你房租嗎?

Jeff: Well, yeah, he doesn't give me any money. The money's not so bad, though, it's just that he's lazy and he doesn't do much all day.

傑夫:對,他並沒有付我錢。其實房租還不是最糟糕的,主要是他太懶了,一整天都不怎麼動。

Todd: That's got to be pretty annoying.

託德:那真是很煩人。

Jeff: He's a great fellow. He's a good friend of mine, but, yeah, he's, I try to motivate him to do a few things but he's a tough one.

傑夫:他人不錯,是我的好朋友,我試圖激勵他去做一些事情,不過很難。

Todd: Are you going to tell him he has to move out?

託德:你會告訴他讓他搬出去嗎?

Jeff: Ah, no, he's a smart man. He knows. He knows. He knows the deal. He knows what's going on and I think he's, yeah, I would never ask him to move out because I don't mind having him here but I'm just going to try to whip him into shape.

傑夫:不會,他是個聰明人。他知道,他知道情況,這些他都知道,所以我想我不會讓他搬出去,因爲我並不介意他住在這裏,不過我會努力幫他塑造形象。

Todd: Oh, so you're just going to try to change him so he becomes a better roommate?

託德:所以你要試圖去改變他,使他成爲更好的室友?

Jeff: I'm going to be like a woman and try to, yeah, try to get him a better schedule, a better schedule (yeah) like exercise and eating right and less smoking and less drinking.

傑夫:我會去做女性做的事情,幫他制定一份更好的時間表,讓他去鍛鍊、合理飲食、少吸菸、少喝酒。

Todd: Well, what is his schedule?

託德:那他現在的生活是什麼樣的?

Jeff: Ah, his schedule is, he's like a night owl, he stays up most of the night drinking, and then he sleeps most of the day recovering, and then when he gets up he has a hangover. He's a bit sluggish and slow, so it's not a healthy lifestyle.

傑夫:他的日常安排,他是個夜貓子,他晚上經常熬夜,大部分時間都在喝酒,他白天睡覺來恢復精神,起牀的時候會有宿醉的感覺。他行動有些緩慢,這是不健康的生活方式。

Todd: Yeah, it doesn't sound like it. Good luck.

託德:對,聽上去並不健康。祝你好運。

Jeff: No problem.

傑夫:謝謝。

美語情景對話 第511期:The Roommate 室友

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. contribute to
(爲…)做貢獻;
eg. His experience contribute greatly to the success of his novel.
他的經歷對他的小說的成功幫助很大。
eg. Proper rest and enough sleep contribute to longevity.
適當的休息和足夠的睡眠有益於長壽。
2. motivate sb. to dos th.
激勵某人做某事;
eg. Stock options are a good way to motivate employees to work harder.
股票選擇權是激勵員工更努力工作的好方法。
eg. Your trainer will motivate you to keep with the training program.
你的教練將會激勵你堅持完成健身計劃。
3. whip sb./sth. into shape
把…訓練好;使…符合要求;
eg. The sergeant will whip the soldiers into shape.
警官嚴格塑造士兵的軍人形象。
eg. Few people doubt his ability to whip the economy into shape.
幾乎無人懷疑他整頓經濟的能力。
4. stay up
深夜不睡;熬夜;
eg. We stayed up yarning until midnight.
我們講故事一直講到半夜才睡。
eg. Mary's father will not permit her to stay up late.
瑪麗的父親不允許她熬夜。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀