口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第69期: hunkydory一切都好

本文已影響 2.48W人 

padding-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第69期: hunkydory一切都好

Helen: Hi, I'm Helen, and welcome to The English We Speak. Sorry, I'll be with you in a minute, Chris – I'm just on the phone to Rob...

海倫:大家好,我是海倫,歡迎來到我們所說的英語。抱歉,我一分鐘就回來,克里斯,我正和羅伯打電話呢。

Chris: Sure.

克里斯:好的。

Helen: Rob, do you need me to come and record with you in the studio this afternoon?

海倫:羅伯,你今天下午需要我來和你一起到演播室錄音嗎?

Rob: No, don't worry – I've got Neil coming over to record with me. Everything's hunky-dory.

羅伯:不用,別擔心。尼爾和我一起來錄音。一切都很好。

Helen: Everything's wha-?

海倫:一切都什麼?

Rob: Gotta go. Speak to you later – bye!

羅伯:得掛了。待會再說,再見!

Helen: OK, b- … Oh, he hung up.

海倫:好吧,再...哦,他掛了。

Chris: Having a busy day, Helen?

克里斯:很忙的一天啊,海倫?

Helen: Yes, it's been so busy – I've got to move all these boxes. How is your day going?

海倫:是的,太忙了——我得把這些盒子移走。你今天怎麼樣?

Chris: No problems really. I've finished my script and I've already recorded another programme with Rosie... I'm hunky-dory.

克里斯:沒什麼問題。我寫完了我的腳本,而且我已經錄完了另一個和羅西的節目...我一切都好。

Helen: Hunky-dory? That's what Rob just said to me. Neither of you is very hunky though…

海倫:一切都好?這是剛纔羅伯和我說的。但你們都不是魁偉的人。

Chris: What?!

克里斯:什麼?

Helen: Well, hunky means muscular doesn't it?

海倫:這是魁偉的意思不是嗎?

Chris: Well yes, hunky is a slang word for describing someone who is muscular…

克里斯:是的,魁偉是描述某人很有肌肉的俚語。

Helen: So, you're not telling the truth when you say, 'I'm hunky… Dory'. My name's not 'Dory' though – why do you call me that?

海倫:所以,當你說你很“魁偉”的時候並沒有說實話。而且我的名字也不是“多裏”,你爲什麼這麼叫我?

Chris: I wasn't lying and saying 'I'm hunky'… and I wasn't calling you 'Dory' either. The phrase hunky-dory doesn't have anything to do with being muscular – it's an informal way of saying something's fine or satisfactory.

克里斯:我說“我很魁偉”的時候沒有撒謊,而且我也不是在叫你“多裏”。這個短語和肌肉沒有任何關係——這是一個不太正式的說法形容某事很好或很令人滿意。

Helen: Ohhhh… It's a bit of a strange phrase though.

海倫:哦,但這是個有點奇怪的短語。

Chris: Yes, it is. No-one really knows where it comes from, other than it's believed to be an American phrase.

克里斯:是的。沒人知道它怎麼來的,只知道是一個美式短語。

Helen: I see. So how can you use it?

海倫:我知道了。那麼怎麼用呢?

Chris: Well, here are some examples:

克里斯:以下是一些例子:

I was really worried I'd lost her, but everything's hunky-dory now – she was waiting for me by the car.

我真的不擔心我會失去她,但是現在一切都很好,她正在車旁等我。

Our washing machine broke last night. An engineer is coming to take a look at it today, so it should be hunky-dory soon.

我們的洗碗機昨晚壞了。一個維修師今天會來看一下,所以應該一會兒就好了。

Chris: So you can use hunky-dory as an informal way to say that a situation is fine.

克里斯:所以你可以用一切順利作爲不正式的形式來說某個情景很好。

Helen: Now I understand! … Well, sadly nothing is hunky-dory for me… I've got all these boxes to move.

海倫:現在我理解了!那麼不幸的是我什麼事都不好....我得把這些盒子都搬走。

Chris: Is that why you invited me here?

克里斯:這是你請我來這的原因嗎?

Helen: Maybe…?

海倫:或許?

Chris: Hmm… right then, let's get on with it. Right, where do you want them?

克里斯:嗯...那麼好吧,讓我們來一起對付它吧。好的,你想把它們弄到哪裏?

Helen: Just over there, thanks.

海倫:那裏,謝謝。

Chris: OK…

克里斯:好的。

Helen: Haha! My work will soon be done! … Join us again for another edition of The English We Speak and visit our website, . Bye!

海倫:哈哈!我的任務不久就會完成了!加入我們來獲取其他版本的我們所說的英語並訪問我們的網站,.再見!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章