口語英語實用生活英語口語

The english we speak(BBC教學)第8期:Out of the picture不相干的

本文已影響 7.32K人 

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第8期:Out of the picture不相干的

Feifei: Hi Finn. I am glad you could come to my house to take a picture of my special friend.

菲菲:你好,芬。你能到我家來幫我一個特殊的朋友拍照我很開心。

Finn: My pleasure, Feifei. I take pride in being a great photographer. I brought some of my best pictures.

:小事一樁,菲菲。我很自豪我是一個很好的攝影師。我帶來了一些我最喜歡的照片。

Feifei: Let me have a look.

菲菲:讓我看看。

Finn: Yes. I took this one during a trip to Paris.

:好的。這張我在巴黎旅遊時拍的。

Feifei: I remember. The trip you took last summer with your girlfriend Ann.

菲菲:我記得。你去年夏天和你女朋友安一起去的。

Finn: Oh, Ann… She is out of the picture. Look at the Eiffel Tower. I bet you've never seen it from this angle.

:噢,安。。。她沒在照片裏。看埃菲爾鐵塔,我敢打賭你肯定沒從這個角度看過它。

Feifei: And this other one…

菲菲:這一張呢。。。

Finn: Yes, yes. This other one I took at a dinner party in my flat.

:哦,這一張是我在我公寓裏的一個晚宴上拍的。

Feifei: Yes, with your flatmate Johnny.

菲菲:是的,和你的室友強尼。

Finn: My ex-flatmate "Dirty Socks" Johnny. He is out of the picture too.

:我的前室友“臭襪子”強尼。他也沒在照片裏。

Feifei: Finn, I can see him in this photo and … you keep talking about having your friends out of the picture… I want my friend to be in the picture!

菲菲:芬,我能看見他在照片裏而且。。。你總是說不把你的朋友拍進照片。。。可我就想我的朋友拍在照片裏。

Finn: Oh, Feifei, no. Ann and Johnny appear in some of my snaps. But Ann is not my girlfriend anymore. She ran away with a Frenchman…

:噢,菲菲,不。安和強尼在我其他的一些照片裏。但是安已經不是我的女朋友了。她和一個法國佬跑了。。。

Feifei: Oh… and what happened to Johnny?

菲菲:噢。。。那強尼呢?

Finn: "Dirty Socks" Johnny moved out. He used to leave his socks everywhere!

:“臭襪子”強尼搬出去了。他以前把他的襪子到處亂丟。

Feifei: Oh, so you are no longer in touch with them.

菲菲:噢,所以你不再和他們聯繫了。

Finn: Exactly. In English, when we say someone is "out of the picture" we mean we don't count on them anymore. They are no longer involved in a particular situation. Let's hear some examples.

:正是這樣。在英語裏,當我們說某人“out of the picture”我們的意思是我們不再指望他們了。他們不再和一個特定的情況有關了。讓我們聽一些例子。

Divorce was good for Mrs Jones. She looks very happy with her husband out of the picture.

離婚對瓊斯夫人來說是好的。她和她的丈夫再無瓜葛之後她看起來很高興。

My team is bound to lose this weekend now that our best player is out of the picture. He broke his leg yesterday.

既然我們最好的隊員無法參加,我們的團隊註定要輸掉週末的比賽了。他昨天摔斷了他的腿。

Finn: So now that this is clear, where is your special someone? Shall we go out into the garden? The lighting is really good outside. I'll take a great picture!

:現在很清楚了。你那特殊的朋友在哪兒呢?我們要不要一起去花園?外面的光線很好。我會拍出很好的照片的。

Feifei: Follow me.

菲菲:跟我來。

(Outdoors)

(室外)

Feifei: Here's my special friend!

菲菲:這就是我特殊的朋友!

Finn: But this… Feifei, this is a hamster!

:但是這。。。菲菲,這是一隻倉鼠!

Feifei: Yes! My pet's name is "Cutie Pie"! Oh my little sweetie, little friend! Isn't he cute, Finn?

菲菲:是的!我的寵物叫“小甜心”,噢我的小可愛,我的小朋友。難道他不可愛嗎?芬?

Finn: He is not very photogenic, I'm afraid, Feifei.

:他不是很上鏡,我恐怕拍不好。菲菲。

Feifei: Come on, Finn. Look at him! (to the hamster) Sweetie yummy come to mummy. You're going to be in the picture! Yes, you are!

菲菲:過來啊芬。看看他!(朝着倉鼠)小可愛,來媽媽這兒。你要拍照片啦!是的你要拍啦!

Finn: Oh dear! I can kiss goodbye to my career as a serious photographer...

:我的天哪!我得對我攝影師的職業說再見了。

Feifei: Bye.

菲菲:再見。

Finn: Bye.

:再見。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章