商務英語金融英語

金融英語情景對話閱讀

本文已影響 2.05W人 

下面本站小編爲大家帶來金融英語情景對話,歡迎大家學習!

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">金融英語情景對話閱讀

 金融英語情景對話:西方的銀行

Jiro Ito is visiting with his friend ,Bob Jenson ,a banker in New York .

伊滕次郎正與他的朋友鮑勃·詹森閒談。鮑勃是紐約的一位銀行職員。

They are talking about the history of banking in the west .

他們正在談論有關西方銀行的歷史。

Ito:I'm curious about the history of banking in the west , you tell me something about it ?

伊 滕:我很想知道有關西方銀行史的一些情況。鮑勃,您能給我講一講嗎?

Jensen:Well,Jiro,the earliest banks started in Babylon almost 4,000 years ago .

詹 森:好的,次郎。最早的銀行大約是4,000年前在巴比倫建立的。

They were really temples which collected deposits and made loans .

實際上,那些銀行只是一種收集存款並進行放款的場所。

I :That surprises me .I had always thought that banking started during the Renaissance in Europe .

伊 滕:這可真是出乎我的意料之外,我原來一直以爲銀行業務始於歐洲文藝復興時期呢。

J:No ,it was much earlier than ally ,private firms that handled deposits and loans ,

詹 森:不,比那個時期要早多了。實際上,早在公元前6世紀就有了私營的商行。

changed coins and even arranged for credit transactions existed as early as the 6th century B.C.

這些商行從事儲蓄存款和貸款,兌換硬幣以至安排信貸交易。

I:Then ,there were banks in ancient Greece and Rome,too?

伊 滕:當時,古希臘和羅馬也有銀行嗎?

J:Yes ,laws in Both Greece and Rome recognized banks and many bank functions .

詹 森:是的,希臘和羅馬都在法律上承認了銀行和銀行的許多作用。

It wasn't until the breakup of the Roman Empire and the decline in trade and commercial transactions that banking lost its previous importance .

直到羅馬帝國崩潰,商貿業務衰落,銀行業才失去了它以往的重要性。

I:What about the laws against usury during the Middle Ages?Didn't such laws made it illegal to charge interest on loans?

伊 滕:中世紀時,法律禁止放高利貸是怎麼回事?這些法律沒有規定貸款收取利息是非法的嗎?

J:Yes,they did ,but these laws were gradually changed during the 14th and 15th centuries,

詹 森:規定了,但是這些法律在14,15世紀時逐步地改變了,

and banking functions started appearing again in Italy and Belgium and later in France ,Germany and England .

銀行的作用又在意大利和比利時開始出現,後來又顯現在法國、德國和英國。

I:I see we can really say that banking restarted during the Renaissance .

伊 滕:我明白了。實際上我們可以說,銀行業在文藝復興時期又重新開始了。

 金融英語情景對話:應付通貨膨脹

Robert Albert ,president of Albert Electronics ,is talking about inflation and general financial conditions with his banker ,Wilson Hall.

艾伯特電子公司總裁羅伯特·艾伯特正和他的銀行職員威爾遜·霍爾在談論通貨膨脹和金融狀況。

Albert:I'm really concerned about the general financial situation ,.

艾伯特:霍爾先生,我對於目前金融價總的狀況甚爲關切。

We've been living with constantly rising prices for too long .

我們長期在物價不斷上漲的情況下生活着,

You would think that the tight money policies that the government has been following would start having some effect .

你大概認爲政府所實施的銀根緊縮政策已經開始產生一些效果。

Hall:I think they're starting to work ,rt rest rates have gone up substantially recently ,

霍 爾:我認爲這些政策已經開始生效,艾伯特先生。近來利率已大幅度提高,

and the availability of credit has been sharply curtailed .

信貸的使用已大大削減。

Unfortunately ,however demand-pull inflation is not our only problem .

不幸的是,由需求而促成的通貨膨脹並不是我們唯一的問題。

A;Yes ,the new problem seems to be cost-push inflation ,or what the economists sometimes call sellers'inflation .

艾伯特:是的,新的問題似乎是成本促成的通貨膨脹,就是經濟學家們有時稱之爲賣方通貨膨脹。

H:Exactly example ,the rising costs of commodities and energy supplies over which we have no real control .

霍 爾:的確如此,譬如說,商品和能源的成本一直不斷增加,對此我們沒有得到真正的控制。

Fiscal and monetary policies can't do much to help us deal with this kind of inflation .

財政和貨幣政策對於我們解決這類性質的通貨膨脹也是愛莫能助。

A:It must be very difficult for you as a banker to try to satisfy your customers during periods like this .

艾伯特:處於這樣的時期,你作爲一個銀行家,要想盡力去滿足你的顧客們的要求肯定是很困難的。

H:Indeed it t money policies make it necessary for us to turn down loan requests from many clients or to increase the downpayment requirements on mortgage and installment loans .

霍 爾:確實如此。銀根緊縮政策使得我們必須拒絕許多客戶的貸款要求,或者增加抵押貨款和分期貸款的定金。

A:Well,let's hope we see an improvement le on fixed incomes,particularly retired people,

艾伯特:我們指望着不久將看到情況有所好轉。眼下,那些靠固定收入的人們,特別是那些退休的人,

must be having a terrible time making ends meet.

爲維持生計一定會碰到不少困難。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章