口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第740期:Alaska 阿拉斯加州

本文已影響 8.42K人 

Todd: So, Asako, you lived in the United States for a long time.

託德:麻子,你在美國生活了很長時間。

Asako: For six years.

麻子:我在美國生活了六年。

Todd: That's a pretty long time.

託德:那真是很長一段時間了。

Asako: That's right.

麻子:沒錯。

Todd: Where did you live?

託德:你住在哪裏?

Asako: I lived in Alaska.

麻子:我住在阿拉斯加州。

Todd: Alaska.

託德:阿拉斯加州。

Asako: That's right.

麻子:對。

Todd: The last frontier.

託德:最後的處女地。

Asako: I'm an unusual one.

麻子:我是與衆不同的人。

Todd: So, yeah, cause usually when people go and live in America for a long time, they don't choose Alaska.

託德:對,一般人們在美國生活很長時間的話,不會選擇阿拉斯加州。

Asako: Yeah, that's right, but Alaska is such a beautiful state.

麻子:對,沒錯,不過阿拉斯加州是一個非常美麗的州。

Todd: Why did you choose Alaska?

託德:你爲什麼選擇在阿拉斯加州生活?

Asako: Well, I went to university there. There was a university. I wanted to go. That is the reason.

麻子:我在阿拉斯加上的大學。那裏有一座我想念的大學。這就是原因。

Todd: And then you stayed for six years.

託德:然後你就在那裏生活了六年的時間。

Asako: I fell in love.

麻子:我愛上那裏了。

Todd: Wow!

託德:哇!

Asako: Just beautiful. That's it. Just beautiful.

麻子:阿拉斯加州太漂亮了。真的非常漂亮。

Todd: So what do you remember most about Alaska?

託德:你對阿拉斯加州印象最深的是什麼?

Asako: Wilderness. Mountains. Glaciers. Mosquitos.

麻子:曠野、高山、冰川,還有蚊子。

Todd: Mosquitos?

託德:蚊子?

Asako: Mosquitos. Big ones. Really big. You can't see such a big mosquito anywhere else on this island, not on any other place, but huge mosquitos. Some people say mosquitos are actually the state birds of Alaska.

麻子:蚊子。阿拉斯加的蚊子個頭很大,非常大。你在其他地方都看不到這麼大個的蚊子。甚至有人說蚊子是阿拉斯加州的州鳥。

Todd: The state bird. Really. So obviously there's lots of beautiful things and the mosquitos, but what else? Like what was the city like? I mean, was it a big city or a small city?

託德:州鳥。是嗎?顯然阿拉斯加有很多美麗的景物還有大蚊子,其他還有什麼嗎?那裏的城市怎麼樣?是大城市還是小城市?

Asako: Well, the biggest city is called Anchorage, and... but it's not really big-big. In the middle... the biggest street in Anchorage you can see moose.

麻子:阿拉斯加州最大的城市是安克雷奇,但安克雷奇並不是大型城市。你可以在安克雷奇最大的街道上看到駝鹿。

Todd: You can see moose?

託德:可以看到駝鹿?

Asako: Yeah.

麻子:對。

Todd: Just walking around.

託德:駝鹿會在街上走來走去。

Asako: Walking around. Exactly.

麻子:對,在街上走來走去。

Todd: In the city there's moose?

託德:在城市裏有駝鹿?

Asako: Yes. Exactly.

麻子:對,沒錯。

Todd: Now can you go up and pet them like....

託德:那可以走到它們旁邊,像對待寵物那樣撫摸它們嗎?

Asako: No, never. Never. They are wild things. You can't pet them, but, I mean, they are very, very calm and nice animals but if you meet a mother moose and if there are children, her children are around, they can be really mean. So you don't really pet them. You can look at them and admire them, but that's it. Beautiful things.

麻子:不,不可以,不行。駝鹿是野生動物。不能像對待寵物那樣撫摸它們,雖然駝鹿是安靜、溫和的動物,但是母駝鹿和它的孩子在一起時會變得易怒。所以不能像寵物那樣撫摸它們。你可以看着它們,讚美它們,但不能摸它們。它們是美麗的動物。

Todd: Well, that's good to know.

託德:嗯,我很高興瞭解這點。

padding-bottom: 58.7%;">美語情景對話 第740期:Alaska 阿拉斯加州

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀