口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第408期:Wake Up 起牀

本文已影響 2.97K人 

Todd: So, what did you do today?

託德:你今天做什麼了?

Ruth: Well, actually, I got up this morning quite early. I couldn't sleep so I was a little bit annoyed and then I went to church and I had some lunch and..

魯斯:實際上,我今天起得非常早。我睡不着了,所以我有點生氣,之後我就去了教堂,然後吃了午餐。

Todd: OK, but, you said early, like how early?

託德:剛剛你說起得很早,那是多早?

Ruth: Well, I think it was about 7 o'clock.

魯斯:嗯,我想大概是七點左右吧。

Todd: That's not early.

託德:那可並不早。

Ruth: That is early if you went to bed at 1.

魯斯:如果你是凌晨一點才睡覺的話,那個時間很早。

Todd: That's true. That's sleeping in for me.

託德:那倒沒錯。對我來說那個時間就是睡過頭了。

Ruth: That's sleeping in. That's true. You're an early bird aren't you?

魯斯:睡過頭了。那倒是。你是早起的人,對吧?

Todd: Now, last night we went out and had the beers.

託德:昨天晚上我們出去喝啤酒了。

Ruth: Yeah!

魯斯:對啊!

Todd: I was actually quite happy this morning. I had no hangover.

託德:我今天早上非常高興。我沒有宿醉的症狀。

Ruth: Did you not? (No) I felt a little bit queasy this morning, and I was a bit ashamed, and I didn't even drink very much. I wasn't, I didn't feel queasy. I think it was more that I hadn't had any sleep actually.

魯斯:你沒有嗎?(沒有)我今天早上有點噁心,我感到有點不好意思,因爲我並沒有喝太多。我沒有,我沒有噁心,我想只是因爲我睡得不夠。

Todd: Yeah, did you feel guilty in church knowing that you still had the beer buzz?

託德:是啊,你在教堂的時候有沒有因爲還在宿醉而感到罪惡感?

Ruth: No. I didn't feel guilty about that.

魯斯:沒有,我沒有爲那種事感到有罪惡感。

Todd: Yeah, that would be tough one. No, I still got up this morning at 5:45.

託德:好吧,那很難。不過我今天早上還是凌晨5點45分起牀的。

Ruth: 5:45!

魯斯:5點45!

Todd: Yeah.

託德:是啊。

Ruth: You must be a lunatic.

魯斯:你一定是個瘋子。

Todd: Well, I mean when the light comes up and the light goes through your window, I don't know how people can still sleep. You know? You can sleep when the light, the sunrise still comes up?

託德:嗯,我是說天一亮,陽光就會從窗戶照射進來,我不理解這樣人們怎麼還能睡覺。你知道嗎?你在天亮了以後,太陽升起來以後還能睡覺嗎?

Ruth: Yeah, not for too, I mean I can't sleep forever, but like, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, then my body wakes up.

魯斯:是啊,我也不能,我是說我也不能一直睡,比如七、八點的時候,我的身體就會醒來。

Todd: The apartment I was at before, it was crazy because there was a rooster outside, and it didn't do what it was supposed to do, like normally when the sun comes up, the rooster is supposed to go, "er-er-er-er" or whatever, but this thing did it at like 1 and 2 in the morning. It used to drive me nuts, so I used to always wake up at 2 because I'd hear this rooster going "er-er-er" and I just wanted to kill that bird.

託德:我以前住得那個公寓很瘋狂,因爲外面有公雞,可是它卻並沒有做它應該做的事情,比如通常情況下太陽升起來以後,公雞應該打鳴,可是這隻公雞卻在凌晨一、兩點的時候打鳴,那真的快把我逼瘋了,所以那時我總是在凌晨兩點醒來,因爲我聽到了公雞打鳴,我真想殺了那隻雞。

Ruth: Did you go sleep, back to sleep after that?

魯斯:在那之後你還會繼續睡嗎?

Todd: Yeah, of course I went back to sleep, but the bird would wake me up regularly. Yeah. No roosters here.

託德:當然,我會繼續睡覺,但是這隻雞總是讓我醒過來。不過這裏沒有公雞。

Ruth: That's not funny is it?

魯斯:那並不好笑不是嗎?

Todd: Yeah.

託德:是啊。

美語情景對話 第408期:Wake Up 起牀

重點講解:
1. sleep in
睡過頭;睡懶覺;
eg. I can finally sleep in tomorrow!
明天終於可以睡懶覺了!
eg. He loves to sleep in on the weekends.
他喜歡在週末時睡懶覺。
2. come up
(太陽、月亮)升起;
eg. It will be so great watching the sun come up.
看着太陽冉冉升起將是十分美妙的事情。
eg. This much is certain: The sun will come up tomorrow.
有一點是明白無誤的:明天太陽依然升起。
3. wake up
醒;醒來;喚醒;弄醒;
eg. Maybe everything will be fine by the time we wake up.
也許等我們醒來的時候一切都好起來了。
eg. I'll wake you up when it's time to leave.
到了走的時候我會叫醒你。
4. be supposed to do sth.
本應該(發生而沒有發生);
eg. You were supposed to be here at six thirty.
你本應該六點半就到這兒。
eg. The sports meeting was supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we had to postpone it due to the bad weather.
運動會本應該在星期五召開,但是由於糟糕的天氣不得不推遲。
5. drive sb. nuts
把某人逼瘋; 使某人發瘋;
eg. Lady, people like you used to drive me nuts.
女士,我以前遇到你這種人很抓狂。
eg. The noise next door drive me nuts!
隔壁的噪音快把我逼瘋了!

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章