口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第283期:Lucky 好運

本文已影響 2.77W人 

Todd: OK, Richard!

託德:理查德!

Richard: Hi, Todd. Good to see you.

理查德:你好,託德。見到你很高興。

Todd: Good to see you.

託德:見到你我也很高興。

Richard: Long time no see.

理查德:好久不見了。

Todd: Yeah, it's been awhile.

託德:對啊,有一段時間沒見了。

Richard: It's been awhile.

理查德:確實有段時間了。

Todd: Richard, you helped me out when I first started the website.

託德:理查德,我剛開始上網時你幫了我很多忙。

Richard: My pleasure.

理查德:這是我的榮幸。

Todd: Yeah, you're very kind and you talked about your dog!

託德:嗯,你人真好,你還談到了你的狗!

Richard: Lucky! Here he is! This is Lucky's picture.

理查德:它叫好運!這就是它!這是“好運”的照片。

Todd: Wow! That's big. So tell us about Lucky. How's lucky been the last two years?

託德:哇!好大的狗啊。跟我們說說“好運”吧。這兩年它過得怎麼樣?

Richard: Lucky, the last two year! Yeah! Lucky is almost two years old. His birthday is November the 11th! One-One-One-One, so he'll be 2 years old. He's doing well. He's developed some unique, sort of characteristics, personality traits. One is that late at night he doesn't like walking just with me, it has to be with me and my wife together. So he has two big bodyguards. It's true. It's an unusual thing but he will not walk by the river where it's very dark with just one person. He needs two people to walk him. Which is unusual for a dog. He's a golden retriever so he's a big dog, but he's just, he needs two people and he gets very lonely, you know he likes to follow people around the house the whole time, you know he's a really, he's a very sort of sociable dog.

理查德:“好運”的這兩年!嗯!“好運”差不多兩歲了。它的生日是11月11日!1111,所以它馬上就要兩歲了。它過得很好。它養成了一些奇特的性格、特徵。其中一個就是深夜的時候,它不喜歡只和我散步,它一定要和我和我的妻子一起散步。這樣它就有兩個保鏢了。這是真的。這很不同尋常,不過它就是不想只和一個人在漆黑的河邊散步。它需要兩個人和它一起散步。這對狗來說很不同尋常。它是黃金獵犬,屬於大型犬,但是它就是需要兩個人的陪伴,它會感到寂寞,你知道它在家裏喜歡一直跟着人,它真的是一隻善於與人交流的狗。

Todd: What a lovely dog!

託德:多可愛的狗啊!

Richard: Yes, lovely dog!

理查德:對,非常可愛!

Todd: I want to meet him!

託德:我想見見它!

Richard: Yeah, well, anytime!

理查德:嗯,當然,隨時可以!

Todd: So, I think you were saying something earlier about how he gets cold.

託德:我記得你之前說過它怕冷的事情。

Richard: Yeah, that's the other thing. One of the other unique things about Lucky is that I think he's a bit spoiled. I mean, you know, a lot of dogs live outdoors but this dog lives indoors, and you know the kotatsu, in the winter my obaachan, my wife's mother has the kotatsu.

理查德:對,那是它另一個與衆不同的地方。“好運”另一件奇特的事情就是,我認爲它被寵壞了。我的意思是,你知道的,有許多狗都生活在室外,但是它生活在室內,你知道冬天的時候,我岳母家會用暖桌。

Todd: Yeah, like the kotatsu is like a big blanket.

託德:嗯,暖桌就像大毛毯一樣。

Richard: Ah, yeah, like a little low table.

理查德:嗯,對,是一張矮桌子。

Todd: Oh, the kotatsu, oh, yeah, yeah, sorry.

託德:哦,暖桌,抱歉。

Richard: An electric heater underneath it.

理查德:桌子下面有電暖器。

Todd: Yeah, that's right, sorry!

託德:對,是這個,我很抱歉!

Richard: And cat in Japan, cats are famous for going under the kotatsu in winter but my dog goes under the Kotatsu, so and he's quite big right, so you just see his legs poking out of the kotatsu. I mean that's a very unusual behavior for a golden retriever. Yeah, yeah, he's an unusual dog.

理查德:在日本,貓在冬天的時候會待在暖桌下面,但是我的狗卻也會待在暖桌下面,而因爲它太大了,所以你會看到它的腿伸出暖桌,我是說這對黃金獵犬來說是很反常的行爲。對,它是隻不同尋常的狗。

Todd: So how much does he eat?

託德:那它吃多少東西呢?

Richard: I see, what about my son. I want to talk about my son.

理查德:我想想啊,大概和我兒子差不多。我想談談我兒子。

Todd: Well, no but like, first I'm just curious, how much does you dog eat?

託德:嗯,先不談那個,我只是好奇你的狗到底吃多少東西?

Richard: How much does he eat? Well, it's three times a day.

理查德:它吃多少東西?嗯,一天吃三頓飯。

Todd: Yeah, I mean, how much does it cost?

託德:嗯,我是說,它的食物要花費多少錢?

Richard: Oh, the cost!

理查德:哦,花費!

Todd: Yeah, to feed a dog in Japan!

託德:對,在日本養狗的費用!

Richard: Well, that's a good, that's a tough question. I buy a big bag of food. It costs me 18,000 yen and that lasts about three months, so about 6,000 yen.

理查德:嗯,這是一個很好的問題,但是也很難。我會買一大包食物,價格爲1.8萬日元,大概可以吃三個月,所以一個月6000日元左右。

Todd: Man, that is expensive! So you're dog, that's at least 6,000 yen a month on food.

託德:嘿,這太貴了!一隻狗一個月的狗糧就要花費6000日元。

Richard: And then Vet's bills are pretty high.

理查德:而且獸醫的費用非常昂貴。

Todd: Wow! But he's worth it! It seems like you love your dog.

託德:哇!不過它值得!看起來你非常愛你的狗。

Richard: I love my dog. I carry his picture everywhere.

理查德:我很愛我的狗。我去任何地方都會帶着它的照片。

Todd: That's my favorite dog too! Golden Retrievers. They're so kind.

託德:這也是我最喜歡的狗!黃金獵犬。它們非常友善。

Richard: I also love my son! Can I talk about my son!

理查德:我也很愛我的兒子!我能談談我兒子嗎?

Todd: OK, we'll do your son in the next interview.

託德:好,我們在下次訪問中再談你的兒子。

美語情景對話 第283期:Lucky 好運

重點講解:
1. help out
幫助…做事;
eg. I help out with the secretarial work.
我幫着做些祕書工作。
eg. He thought you'd been brought in from Toronto to help out the local police.
他認爲你是從多倫多調過來協助當地警方工作的。
2. my pleasure
(受到感謝時的一種禮貌回答)別客氣,不用謝,是我的榮幸;
eg. 'Thanks for your call.' — 'My pleasure.'
“謝謝你打來電話。”——“不用謝。”
eg. Not at all. It's my pleasure.
不客氣。這是我的榮幸。
3. long time no see
好久不見;
eg. Long time no see, I'm glad to meet you.
久違了,見到你真高興。
eg. Hi, John. Long time no see. How have you been?
你好,約翰。好長時間不見了。你怎麼樣?
4. poke out of
(從後面或下面)露出,冒出;
eg. He saw the dog's twitching nose poke out of the basket.
他看到那隻狗一抽一抽的鼻子從籃子裏冒出來。
eg. His handkerchief is poking out of his back pocket.
他的手帕從褲子後面的口袋露出來。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章