口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第294期:The Galapagos 加拉帕戈斯羣島

本文已影響 2.15W人 

Todd: OK, Jose, you just said you went to the Galapagos Islands.

託德:好,何塞,你說你去過加拉帕戈斯羣島。

Jose: Yes.

何塞:沒錯。

Todd: Can you talk about the Galapagos?

託德:你能談談加拉帕戈斯羣島嗎?

Jose: Yes, the Galapagos, as everybody knows is such a unique place and I went there and by chance I was in the same tour like with President Carter.

何塞:當然,就像所有人都知道的那樣,加拉帕戈斯羣島是一個非常獨特的地方,我在偶然間遇到了去那裏旅行的卡特總統。

Todd: Really!

託德:真的嗎?

Jose: Yeah!

何塞:對!

Todd: Wow! He's my favorite president.

託德:哇!他是我最喜歡的總統。

Jose: Well, it's so interesting because you know the guy was, I mean when went there, all of a sudden I had this strange people looking at me. I say, "What happened? What's wrong?" There were 8 bodyguards with the guy.

何塞:嗯,這很有意思,因爲你知道當時他……,我是說我去那裏的時候,突然看到一個奇怪的人看着我。於是我問:“發生什麼事了?怎麼了?”當時他身邊有8名保鏢。

Todd: No kidding!

託德:別開玩笑了!

Jose: Yes! He was with his wife and his daughter and the child. Yeah it was interesting. You know that's just one anecdote but still, I'm , the Galapagos Islands, what I can tell you is that, it's a unique place, but you have to go there, sooner than later is better because I think the whole ecosystem will collapse.

何塞:就是這樣!他和妻子、女兒、外孫一起去度假。這很有意思。你知道這只是一件軼事,不過我可以告訴你,加拉帕戈斯羣島是一個獨特的地方,我認爲你一定要儘早去那裏看看,因爲我想那裏的整個生態系統將會崩塌。

Todd: Oh, no!

託德:哦,不!

Jose: Yeah! The situation is very complicated because lack of ---- of the government. The poor fisherman, and they don't have any kind of way to actually make a living by destroying the system. And all the money just goes to the big tourist companies that are taking tourists and you go to the capital, to Quito, but the people on the Islands, they don't have money, so they are, there's no control, for fishing, I mean, sharks and lobsters and tuna and so on, so everything is terrible. I was very very upset with the situation, and also you know, it's a kind of tourism for rich people and I was the only Ecuadorian in the group

何塞:是這樣。那裏的情況非常複雜,因爲缺少政府的管理。那裏的漁民很貧窮,由於生態系統被破壞,實際上他們並沒有謀生的方法。而所有的營利都進了大型旅遊公司的口袋,他們會帶遊客旅遊,你可能會去首都基多,但是那些島上的人們沒有收入來源,所以那裏對漁業並沒有管制,我是說,他們會捕食鯊魚、龍蝦、金槍魚等等,所有的事情都非常糟糕。我對那裏的現狀非常擔心,而且你知道,這對富人來說是旅遊,而我是那個團裏唯一的厄瓜多爾人。

Todd: Really! That's not good.

託德:真的嗎?那不太好。

Jose: Yes, that's not good. You know we were just servers and waitresses and waiters and Ecuadorians so, for me it was, I was 5 days there. You know it's very beautiful to see the animals and birds but me being an Ecuadorian I had a completely different point of view. I was very disappointed frankly.

何塞:對,不太好。你知道我們只是服務員、服務生、厄瓜多爾人,我在那裏待了五天的時間。你知道見到那些動物和鳥類是件美好的事情,但是我作爲厄瓜多爾人來說,卻有着完全不同的看法。坦率地說,我非常失望。

美語情景對話 第294期:The Galapagos 加拉帕戈斯羣島

重點講解:
1. by chance
偶然;碰巧;
eg. He had a slip of tongue by chance.
他偶然說走嘴。
eg. He had met Mr Maude by chance.
他曾邂逅過莫德先生。
2. all of a sudden
突然地;出乎意料地;
eg. All of a sudden she didn't look sleepy any more.
她突然看起來一點都不困了。
eg. All of a sudden we heard an unearthly cry.
我們突然聽到一聲怪叫。
3. sooner than later
儘早;儘快;
eg. Your emotions could explode if you don't face them sooner than later.
如果你不盡早面對它們,你的情緒會爆發。
eg. With more individuals like Ahmad Bukhari, that change could come sooner than later.
隨着越來越多的人喜歡艾哈邁德布哈里,這種變化遲早會來。
4. and so on
及諸如此類;等等;
eg. He is interested in art, and music, and books, and so on.
他對美術、音樂、書等都感興趣。
eg. She spends her day doing housework, watching television, reading, and so on.
她以做家務、看電視、看書等度過一天的時光。
5. point of view
(對事物的)觀點,見解,態度;
eg. He could not put across his point of view to the audience.
他沒能使聽衆理解他的觀點。
eg. He disagree, but we can win him over to our point of view.
他不同意,可是我們能說服他贊同我們的看法。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章