口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第218期:大學 College

本文已影響 1.09W人 

Todd: Now, Shawn, you were just saying that at your university you're the only male student.

託德:肖恩,你剛說你是你們大學中唯一的男學生。

Shawn: Yeah, in my program, I'm the only guy in my class, and when I signed up for the program I had known this going in to it, so on the first day I was a bit, how-should-I-say, a little bit happy, so when we were all in the auditorium, getting selected to go to our class, I was counting all the amount of girls that were in the class and the ratio worked out to about to 48 to 1, so the first few months, actually the first few weeks were very bit happy but after awhile you just realize, these girls just become your friends and you're all there for the same purpose to get your education and your mind's not really on, how-should-I-say, meeting the opposite sex in that classroom so surprisingly, wha-chu-call, women aren't that much different than men. They, it's very cool to be around all these women. It's a very good experience, it's, how-should-I-say, it's, I'd say it's made me a better person, maybe a bit more sensitive to their feelings, I'd say and...

肖恩:沒錯,就我念的課程來說,我是我們班唯一的男生,當我報名這個課程時,我就知道這種情況了,所以我第一天去上課的時候,要怎麼說呢,我有些許的高興,當我們集中在禮堂等待分班信息時,我一直在數班裏的女孩人數,而最終的比例約爲48比1,所以前幾個月,的確是在前幾個月我會感到高興,但是過一段時間你就意識到,這些女孩都只是你的朋友,你和她們來到這裏的目的一樣,那就是學習,而不是來班裏結交異性的,所以有點吃驚的是,女性與男性沒有太大不同。被女孩圍繞是件很酷的事情。這是個很好的經歷,要怎麼說呢,這使我成爲更優秀的人,也許對她們更體貼了……

Todd: So you still must get special attention though!

託德:不過你仍然會引起特別關注!

Shawn: Still, must get special attention, um! Just because I'm the only guy in the class, it doesn't matter. You can float around that classroom and talk to anybody you want. Some girls cannot float around the classroom and talk to other girls because I'm the only guy in that class it seems that they want the attention regardless if they don't like you or not. They just want the attention. So it's never, it doesn't get lonely in the class because as a guy in the class you'll never stop talking, because they want your attention, but it's a very cool experience.

肖恩:的確是,會引起特別關注!只因爲我是班裏唯一的男生,這倒無所謂。你可以在教室裏四處閒逛,和任何你想聊天的人聊天。一些女孩不能在教室裏閒逛,和其他女孩聊天,因爲我是班裏唯一的男性,可能她們想引起注意,而不在乎她們是不是喜歡你。她們只是想引起注意。所以在教室裏不會感到孤獨,因爲作爲班裏唯一的男性,你幾乎沒有不說話的時候,因爲她們想引起你的注意,不過這是一次非常酷的體驗。

Todd: OK, well as a teacher, do you think that men teachers think differently that female teachers?

託德:嗯,那就老師來說,你認爲男性老師與女性老師的想法不同嗎?

Shawn: I'd say, not so much in the classroom setting but in terms with fellow coworkers, I'd say that men are very, more composed, they don't, how-should-I-say, what I've noticed in my program with women having their infighting in the class, not that they always come to me, it's just that, I'm very composed, I'm able to, how-should-I-say, not lose my head, not lose my patience right away, so, but in terms of teaching skills, um, I don't see any difference, like they're both doing the same type of job, trying to educate young minds, so in terms of teaching strategies, it's how-should-I-say, women have, I'd say more of an artistic touch than I do, it's, um, I put that as the main difference, they're more relaxed singing around the class, whereas I'm just nervous as can be and I don't like doing it, so.

肖恩:我得說,在教室裏沒有什麼不同,但要是同事的話就不同了,男性會更沉着,要怎麼說呢,就我在課程裏注意到的來說,女性在班裏會有內鬥,不僅僅是因爲她們經常過來找我,我就很沉着,怎麼說呢,我不會馬上失去理智,也不會馬上發脾氣,但是要說到教學技巧嘛,我覺得沒有什麼不同之處,他們都在做同種類型的工作,試圖教育年輕的頭腦,在教學策略上面,女性比我有更多的藝術格調,我覺得這是最主要的不同,她們會在教室裏更放鬆的唱歌,而我就會非常緊張,我並不想這麼做。

Todd: OK, I agree. I'm the same way when I teach kids.

託德:嗯,我同意。我在教孩子的時候也這樣。

美語情景對話 第218期:大學 College

重點講解:
1. sign up for
(和…)簽約;僱用;報名(參加課程);
eg. Many men sign up for the army because they can not get ordinary jobs.
由於找不到工作,許我男人都報名參了軍。
eg. Her parents urged her to sign up for a computer course.
父母督促她報名參加計算機課程。
2. opposite sex
異性;
eg. These people, usually men, seem unable to relate to the opposite sex.
這些人,通常爲男性,似乎不懂得如何跟異性相處。
eg. Body language can also be used to attract members of the opposite sex.
肢體語言也可以用來吸引異性的注意。
3. lose one's head
不知所措;頭腦發昏;沒主意;慌里慌張;
eg. He was not a man to lose his head in an emergency.
他這個人在緊急情況下是不會糊塗的。
eg. I never thought that I was gonna lose my head
我從沒想過我會不知所措。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章