商務英語英語商務談判對話

商務英語談判對話 03 02

本文已影響 1.37W人 
Chapter 14

Alter the Time Frame改變時間日程

Dialog Disk 3-2

Making it into a bargaining chip is a good idea. Several things could be done such as altering the start date, the time each day that has to be spent on the job, or the size of the crew assaigned to the job. Any of these items could be altered or there could be a combination of the restrictions allowed. Several factors could be called into play, just discuss it and find out what works.

拿時間來當議價籌碼是個不錯的做法。有好幾種方法可以採用,像改變工作開始日期、每天的工作時數、工作人員總數……這些條件都可以改變,或者你可以設定組合式的條件,將多項因素列入考量,並和他人討論,找出可行的方式。

Mel:Your provisions in the scope of work section are very restrictive. They don't give me much room to work.

你的工作內容部分的條款很嚴格,沒有給我很大的空間。

Bill:That's why they're there. My client wants to hold the discruption of activity on the site to a minimum.

這就是爲什麼要將它們列出來的原因;我的客戶想要將工作地點可能引發的問題減到最低。

These restrictions will avoid the most common problems.

這些限制可以避免最常見的問題。

But I do have some room to work with you. What do you need?

不過我也還有商量的空間,你需要什麼嗎?

Mel:I'd like a day two days after start up to go to another site.

開工兩天後,我得休假一天,到另一個工地去。

They have a start date I have to honor.

我得遵守他們的開工日期。

Bill:Can't do it. But I'll tell you what I could do.

不行。不過有折衷辦法。

Mel:What's that?

什麼辦法?

Bill:We can push back our start date to give you time to finish that one.

我們可以把開工日延後,等你先完成另一個工作。

Our start and completion dates are wide open. I can move them to any date you like.

我們的開工和完工日都很有彈性,可以配合你的時間。

I won't give you any time off in the middle except for weekends, holidays and weather delays.

但是一旦工程開始,除了週末、法定假日、天氣會造成的延誤,就不準休假。

Mel:Will you let me cut the crew size for a few of those days?

那我工作期間可以刪減工作人數嗎?

Bill:Nope,can't do it. That would lengthen the disruption.

不可以,那會使工程更糟。

Mel:I don't see how.

我不懂。

Bill:Your truck takes up three parking stalls and vehicles in the lot have to be moved away from the building to prevent damage. That's the kind of disruption I mean.

你的卡車佔了三個停車位,停車場的車輛必須離開建築物,以免造成損失,那就是我所謂的不便。

Mel:So if I avoid that, I can reduce the size of the crew?

如果能避免這種情況,我可以減少人數嗎?

Bill:That would be okay.

可以。

Mel:If you allow me that,and let me push back the start date one week. Then, we can go with this contract.

若你同意這點,並讓開工日延後一週。我們就可以簽定這個合約。

Bill:Great, let's do it.

太好了,就這樣。

Vocabulary 重要詞彙

factor 因素

provision規定,條款

in the scope of在……範圍

disruption混亂

avoid避免

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章