口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第1363期:High School Band 學校樂隊(2)

本文已影響 2.66W人 

Hana: Okay. Sorry to ask stupid questions but ...

哈娜:好。很抱歉我要問一個愚蠢的問題,不過……

Ben: No, no, go ahead.

本:沒事,你問吧。

Hana: So the guitar that you used to use it's that one that sort of connects to the amplifiers?

哈娜:你們樂隊用的吉他是那種要連接擴音器的嗎?

Ben: Yes.

本:對。

Hana: Not like acoustic guitar?

哈娜:不是原聲吉他?

Ben: No, everyone played electric loud, loud music.

本:不是,所有人演奏的都是吵鬧的電子樂。

Hana: Okay.

哈娜:好。

Ben: Yeah.

本:嗯。

Hana: Loud music.

哈娜:吵鬧的音樂。

Ben: Yeah, very loud guitars.

本:對,非常吵的吉他。

Hana: Okay. Why do you or why did you like punk music?

哈娜:好。你爲什麼喜歡朋克音樂?

Ben: I don't know. I was a high school student and I was angry about life and my parents. I didn't really get along with my parents. And so, it was a good outlet for me, a way to express myself outside of school. And so, it was very useful in that way. That's why I liked it.

本:我也不知道。當時我是高中生,我對生活和父母感到不滿。我和父母相處得不好。所以,朋克音樂對我來說是一個很好的宣泄出口,是在校外表達自己的方式。這種方法非常有用。所以我喜歡朋克音樂。

Hana: Did you have a chance to sort of perform in public?

哈娜:你有機會在公開場合表演嗎?

Ben: Yeah, you know it's funny because we thought ... when you're 15 years old you can't really think too far ahead in the future but we thought, "We're going to be popular. People are going to like this and we're going to get big. Maybe we don't have to go to college. Maybe we can just play music for the rest of our lives."

本:有,這很有趣,在15歲時通常不會考慮遙遠的未來,但是我們當時想,“我們要出名了。人們會喜歡我們的音樂,我們會變得很有名。也許我們不一定要上大學。也許我們可以餘生都演奏音樂。”

Hana: Right.

哈娜:好。

Ben: But yeah, no, back to your question sorry. We probably played a show as we call it or like we would play at different venues around, different live houses around in our town.

本:但是,抱歉,現在我來回答你的問題。我們辦了演出,我們是這樣認爲的,或者說我們在家鄉的不同場館和音樂表演空間進行了演出。

Hana: Yeah, oh cool.

哈娜:哦,真酷。

Ben: Probably like twice a month.

本:大概1個月表演2次。

Hana: All right.

哈娜:好。

Ben: We'd sell tickets. I'd go actually we'd make a flyer and I would go to the top of the stairwell in the high school and I would take all these flyers and just throw them down the stairs, just have the flyers ... I don't know it sounds funny to talk about it now, but yeah.

本:我們辦的是售票演出。我們會印製傳單,然後我會到高中樓梯的頂部,把所有傳單扔下樓梯,現在說起來聽着挺可笑的,不過當時我們就是這麼做的。

Hana: All right.

哈娜:好。

Ben: So we played like twice a month for about three years.

本:我們每個月表演兩次,大概持續了三年。

Hana: Wow. So you used to make money from that then.

哈娜:哇哦。你從那時就開始掙錢了。

Ben: I don't know about money but we did make enough to pay for our cd's that we would record.

本:我不太清楚錢的情況,不過我們掙的錢足以用來錄製唱片。

Hana: Oh wow.

哈娜:哇哦。

Ben: Yeah.

本:對。

Hana: Wow.

哈娜:哇哦。

Ben: No, it wasn't profitable in any way it was just fun. And I met so many different people from being a band so it was really, really, it was really nice. Socially it was really good for I think a high school student like myself.

本:當時並不是爲了掙錢,而是爲了樂趣。因爲加入樂隊,我遇到了很多不同的人,這非常不錯。從社交方面來說,這對我這種高中生來說是有好處的。

Hana: Oh, that's interesting.

哈娜:哦,有意思。

Ben: Yeah, thanks. Thanks for asking.

本:嗯,謝謝。謝謝你的問題。

美語情景對話 第1363期:High School Band 學校樂隊(2)

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. go ahead 進行;
Go ahead! There's nothing to be afraid of.
幹吧!沒有什麼可怕的。
2. used to do sth. 過去常常;過去曾;
There is no doubt that the relationship between family members is not as close as it used to be.
毫無疑問,家庭成員之間的關係已經不像以前那麼親密。
3. get along with (與…)和睦相處;
I want to get along with everyone.
我想和大家和睦相處。
4. be good for 有利的;有益的;
The healthful air at the seaside is good for you.
海邊健康的空氣對你有好處。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章