口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第450期:Fatherhood 父親

本文已影響 2.44W人 

Todd: So, Mark, I see you.have beautiful pictures of your child up here. I didn't know you had a baby!

託德:馬克,我看到了你孩子的漂亮照片。我都不知道你已經有孩子了!

Mark: Yeah, baby Roy is about 1 year and 4 months old now.

馬克:是啊,我兒子叫羅伊,現在有1歲4個月了。

Todd: Oh wow, that's exciting!

託德:哇,太令人激動了!

Mark: Yeah I mean everyone said there would be lots of changes in your life, but it's probably changed my wife's life more than mine. But I still enjoy giving him his bath and helping put him to bed and playing with him in the mornings and at the weekend.

馬克:是啊,所有人都說有孩子之後會給你的生活帶來很多改變,不過現在的情況更像是,相較於我來說孩子的到來更多地改變了我妻子的生活。我喜歡給他洗澡,把他放到牀上,每天早上和週末時跟他一起玩耍。

Todd: Oh, that's great. So, what's it like being a father?

託德:真好。成爲父親是什麼感覺?

Mark: A lot of fun. As I said, I think my wife has a harder job looking after him during the day. The father can have the good jobs in the evening and the early morning and at the weekend.

馬克:有很多樂趣。就如我所說,我妻子一整天都要照顧孩子,我覺得她更辛苦。父親可以在晚上、清晨和週末時陪伴孩子。

Todd: So is your child speaking yet?

託德:你的孩子現在會說話了嗎?

Mark: Not quite, but he understands English and Japanese. So if we tell him off in either language he runs away and starts crying. He's just started walking.

馬克:還不太會,不過他可以聽懂英語和日語。所以不管我用任何一種語言批評他,他都會哭着跑開。他剛剛學會走路。

Todd: Ok, oh that's got to be tough.

託德:好,那會很難的。

Mark: It's getting tougher. We just have to childproof the house more.

馬克:是越來越難。我們必須在家中設立兒童防護裝置。

Todd: So how do you childproof the house?

託德:你怎麼保護孩子的安全?

Mark: Make sure that all breakables are above the level where he can reach, that's the most important thing.

馬克:要確保所有易碎品放在他夠不到的地方,這是最重要的事情。

Todd: Now, when you have a child, like, first of all how much does the baby sleep?

託德:現在你有了孩子,你的孩子睡多長時間的覺?

Mark: Well he's a good sleeper. He's basically always slept from about 9 in the morning, 9 in the evening until 6.30 or 7 in the morning. He's waking up a little bit earlier now because it's lighter earlier.

馬克:他睡得很好。他每天上午9點睡覺,抱歉,是晚上九點睡覺,第二天早上6點半或7點醒來。他現在睡醒的時間要比之前早,越來越早。

Todd: Oh, wow, so what does your child like to do? Do you play special games with your …, with Roy?

託德:哦,哇,你們家孩子喜歡做什麼?你會和你的兒子羅伊玩特別的遊戲嗎?

Mark: He's into dancing at the moment. He really likes the beat of the BBC world music so he looks forward to the BBC news at the hour. He likes going to the sandpit and playing with the other children from the neighbourhood.

馬克:現在他喜歡跳舞。他喜歡BBC播放的音樂,所以他會期待BBC的整點新聞。他喜歡去沙坑和周圍的孩子們一起玩耍。

Todd: Well, you have a lovely child.

託德:你的孩子真可愛。

Mark: Thank you.

馬克:謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第450期:Fatherhood 父親

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. look after
照料;照顧;照管;
eg. I'll stop in and look after the kids.
我要留在家裏看孩子。
eg. It's her duty to look after her aunt.
照顧她姨媽是她分內的事。
2. tell off
斥責;訓斥;訓誡;
eg. Dutch police told off two of the gang, aged 10 and 11.
荷蘭警方對一幫小混混中的兩個人進行了訓誡,他們一個 10 歲,另一個 11 歲。
eg. Not only will I tell him off , but I'm going to give him his walking papers.
我不僅要斥責他,而我還要解僱他。
3. run away
離開;逃離;躲開;
eg. The sudden appearance of her divorced husband caused her to run away.
她那離了婚的丈夫突然出現,她便跑開了。
eg. It's natural to run away if you're afraid.
你害怕的時候就跑開,那是很自然的。
4. first of all
第一;首先;
eg. First of all, crowded modern life makes alone a luxury enjoyment.
首先,繁忙的現代生活使獨處變成了一種奢侈的享受。
eg. First of all, realize that these are normal feelings.
首先,要知道這是一種很正常的感覺。
5. look forward to sth./doing sth.
期待;盼望;
eg. We look forward to your reture on an early day.
我們盼望你早日歸隊。
eg. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to receiving your further orders.
感謝你們的合作,並希望能接到貴方更多的訂單。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章