口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第449期:International Marriage 國際婚姻

本文已影響 1.87W人 

Todd: So, Mark, um, you mentioned that your wife is Japanese.

託德:馬克,你說過你的妻子是日本人。

Mark: That's right.

馬克:沒錯。

Todd: Ok, and how long have you been married?

託德:你們結婚多長時間了?

Mark: We finally got married in April of 1998 but it took us a while to get to that stage.

馬克:我們是1998年4月結的婚,不過我們結婚前談了一段時間的戀愛。

Todd: Ok, well,what's it like being in an international marriage?

託德:好,國際婚姻的感覺怎麼樣?

Mark: I really enjoy it. There are different challenges, I mean any marriage has got challenges, and just having different cultures and different backgrounds and different languages, despite the fact that we both speak both our first languages. Yeah, it has different challenges but that makes it fun.

馬克:我非常享受。這種婚姻有多種挑戰,我是說每段婚姻都存在挑戰,我們有不同的文化、不同的背景和不同的語言,不過我們都說各自的母語。雖然有不同的挑戰,但是這讓婚姻更有樂趣。

Todd: You said that your wife speaks to you in Japanese and you speak to her in English?

託德:你說過你妻子和你說日語,而你和她說英語

Mark: No it's fifty-fifty really. It really depends on what we're talking about: if we're watching an English movie or something on TV in English we'll speak in English; if we're reading the Japanese newspaper and we find something interesting we will probably speak in Japanese.

馬克:不是,實際上是一半一半。這要取決於我們在談什麼:如果我們在看英語電影或是英語電視節目,那我們就會說英語;如果我們在看日語報紙時發現了有趣的事情,那我們可能就會說日語。

Todd: Ok, well, actually, how did you meet?

託德:好,那你們是怎麼認識的?

Mark: Through my room mate in Japan, how many years ago now, probably about 15 years ago…

馬克:我們是通過我在日本的室友認識的,那是多少年前的事情了?可能是15年前吧……

Todd: A while back.

託德:一段時間以前。

Mark: …introduced us. Yeah, it's been a long time.

馬克……他介紹我們認識。對,很長時間了。

Todd: That's cool. Is there anything that's hard about having an international marriage?

託德:真酷。國際婚姻有沒有什麼困難的事情?

Mark: I suppose it means that you're always away from one person's family. I suppose that's the hardest thing. I'm in Japan now so I'm a long way from my family; when we lived in New Zealand before, my wife was a long way from her family.

馬克:我覺得是其中一個人會一直遠離家人。我想這是最困難的事情。現在我在日本生活,我離我的家人很遠;而我們生活在新西蘭人時,我妻子就要離開她的家人。

Todd: That's tough, that is tough. So how long did you live together in New Zealand?

託德:這很困難,很困難。那你們在新西蘭生活了多長時間?

Mark: We were there for about 4 years,…I think. Yeah, yeah, approximately 4 years in New Zealand.

馬克:我想大概有四年的時間。對,我們大概在新西蘭生活了四年。

Todd: Now, have you lived in any other countries together?

託德:那你們還一起在其他國家生活過嗎?

Mark: No, no, not together, it's either been Japan or New Zealand.

馬克:不,沒有,我們沒有一起,不是住在日本就是新西蘭。

Todd: Do you have any plans as to which country you're going to settle in?

託德:你們有沒有計劃在哪個國家定居?

Mark: Now that sounds very permanent to me!

馬克:這對我來說是個永遠存在的問題!

Todd: So you never know?

託德:所以你不知道?

Mark: Never know.

馬克:不知道。

Todd: Alright, thanks a lot, Mark.

託德:好吧,非常謝謝你,馬克。

padding-bottom: 66.5%;">美語情景對話 第449期:International Marriage 國際婚姻

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. depend on
取決(於);有賴(於);
eg. Success doesn't only depend on what you do. What you don't do is equally important.
成功不僅僅在於你做了什麼,你沒有做什麼也同樣重要。
eg. These charities depend on the compassionate feelings and generosity of the general public.
這些慈善團體依賴於公衆的憐憫之心和慷慨解囊。
2. be away from
離(某人或某地)有一定距離;
eg. The two women were sitting as far away from each other as possible.
那兩個女人坐在離對方儘可能遠的地方。
eg. I was anxious to get him here, away from family and friends.
我急於把他帶到這兒,遠離家人和朋友。
3. settle in
習慣(新居);適應(新工作、新學校等);
eg. They want to settle in the booming cities.
他們想在繁榮的城市中定居。
eg. Man decided to settle in the town for good.
這個男人決定永遠在那個小鎮上安家。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章