口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第496期:Jeannie's Family 珍妮的家人

本文已影響 2.67W人 

Todd: Ah, hello.

託德:啊,你好。

Jeanie: Hello.

珍妮:你好。

Todd: Can you say your name please?

託德:請問你叫什麼名字?

Jeanie: Yep, my name is Jeanie Cherry.

珍妮:我叫珍妮·切莉。

Todd: Jeanie Cherry.

託德:珍妮·切莉。

Jeanie: Yep.

珍妮:對。

Todd: Really?

託德:是嗎?

Jeanie: Yep.

珍妮:對。

Todd: Cherry's your last name? Is it spelled like the fruit?

託德:切莉是你的姓?是和那個水果一樣的拼寫嗎?

Jeanie: Yes.

珍妮:對。

Todd: Really. That's cool.

託德:真的啊?真酷。

Jeanie: Oddly enough, someone asked me before, "Is it spelled like the fruit?" and I said, "Yes" and she spelled it incorrectly.

珍妮:奇怪的是,以前有人問我“是和那個水果一樣的拼寫嗎?”我回答“是的”,可她還是拼錯了。

Todd: Oh, no. Oh, man.

託德:哦,不,天哪。

Jeanie: I go "OK."

珍妮:沒什麼。

Todd: And how old are you?

託德:你多大了?

Jeanie: I'm 25.

珍妮:我25歲。

Todd: Wow. You look young though.

託德:哇。你看起來更年輕。

Jeanie: I know. It's because of my parents.

珍妮:我知道。我想是因爲遺傳了我父母。

Todd: Oh, so you have good genes in your family.

託德:哦,所以你家裏的基因很好。

Jeanie: Yes, very good.

珍妮:對,非常好。

Todd: How old is your father?

託德:你父親多大歲數?

Jeanie: My father is 52 this year.

珍妮:我父親今年52歲。

Todd: And how old does he look?

託德:他看上去像多大的?

Jeanie: He looks like he is about 35. That's what people often say.

珍妮:他看上去像35歲的。人們經常這麼說。

Todd: Man.

託德:天啊。

Jeanie: Yeah, I showed pictures to other people. He's a twin, identical twin so I show people their pictures and they're like, "Wow, they're so young. That can't be your father" and "Oh, yeah, that's my dad."

珍妮:對,我給其他人看他的照片。他有個同卵孿生兄弟,我把他們的照片拿給別人看,他們會說:“哇,他們真年輕。那不可能是你爸爸”,我會說“對,那就是我爸爸。”

Todd: That's cool. So your father has a twin.

託德:真酷。你父親有個雙胞胎兄弟。

Jeanie: Yeah.

珍妮:對。

Todd: And do they still look identical?

託德:他們現在看起來還長得一樣嗎?

Jeanie: They still look identical.

珍妮:對,現在還是一樣的。

Todd: Do they have the same hairstyle?

託德:他們的髮型一樣嗎?

Jeanie: Yes, and they always dress the same. The do a lot of stuff together all the time so.

珍妮:對,他們也經常穿相同的衣服。他們會一起做很多事情。

Todd: That's cool.

託德:真好。

Jeanie: Yeah, people always ask me, "Yeah, how can you tell me which one is which?"

珍妮:對,人們總是會問我:“你怎麼區分他們?”

Todd: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You must get tired of that question.

託德:對。你一定對這個問題感到厭煩。

Jeanie: Yeah. It's like, "I know my own father."

珍妮:是啊。我會說:“我知道我的父親是誰。”

Todd: Well, why do twins do that? Why do they often where the same clothes?

託德:爲什麼雙胞胎會這樣?他們爲什麼會經常穿一樣的衣服?

Jeanie: Well, I don't know. For my dad it's always been a thing of, they like to make a big impression on people so they always want to dress in the best suits. They always got to look flashy, so that when they go out, they're like the show stoppers, and they happen to look exactly like the twins from a music group called the Whispers.

珍妮:嗯,我也不知道。對我爸爸來說,他們喜歡給別人留下深刻的印象,所以他們總是會穿最好的衣服。他們看上去很華麗,所以他們外出時,他們就像演出終結者,而且湊巧的是他們和組合The Whispers中那對雙胞胎很像。

Todd: Oh, no kidding.

託德:哦,開玩笑的吧。

Jeanie: Yeah, so they get lots of people taking their photos and screaming, "Oh, my gosh. It's the Whispers."

珍妮:是這樣的,所以有很多人會給他們拍照並尖叫,“哦,我的天哪。是The Whispers。”

Todd: Really.

託德:真的嗎?

Jeanie: Yeah. They get a lot of publicity for that.

珍妮:對。他們也因此得到了很多宣傳。

Todd: Well, does your father have a good voice? Can they sing?

託德:嗯,你父親的聲音好聽嗎?他會唱歌嗎?

Jeanie: Oh, no, they can't sing for anything. They can pretend to some background music but they can't actually do it.

珍妮:哦不,他們完全不會唱歌。他們可以跟着背景音樂假唱,但不能真唱。

Todd: That's cool. So you dad looks like he's 35. Wow! And who else is in your family?

託德:酷。所以你爸爸看起來像35歲。哇!你家裏還有什麼人?

Jeanie: My mother. She's also 52 this year and I have an older brother. He's 31 years old and my sister is 30. My brother has three daughters and he's got a son on the way.

珍妮:我母親。她今年也是52歲。我還有個哥哥。他今年31歲。我姐姐30歲。我哥哥有三個女兒,他馬上將會有個兒子。

Todd: Oh, that's good news.

託德:哦,真是好消息。

Jeanie: Yeah. And my sister has two daughters, so for a long time it was only girls, so my parents are starting to look at me like, yeah, we need some boys in the family. OK, so I'll think about that later.

珍妮:是啊。我姐姐有兩個女兒,所以有很長時間家裏全是女孩,所以我父母會看着我說,我們希望家裏能有男孩。我會說,好,以後我會考慮的。

Todd: Ah, sounds like you have a really nice family.

託德:哈,聽起來你的家庭很不錯。

美語情景對話 第496期:Jeannie's Family 珍妮的家人

譯文屬僅供學習交流使,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. all the time
一直;始終;
eg. These things happen all the time.
這是常有的事。
eg. He spoiled my enjoyment of the film by talking all the time.
他一直說話,影響了我看電影的興致。
2. get tired of
厭煩的;厭倦的;
eg. The boys will get tired of Ann's blowing hot and cold.
男孩子們對於安的出爾反爾感到厭煩。
eg. You never get tired of hearing this story.
這個故事百聽不厭。
3. happen to do sth.
碰巧;湊巧;
eg. I happened to meet him on the sidewalk.
我碰巧在人行道上碰到他。
eg. I happened to be there that day too.
那天恰巧我也在那裏。
4. on the way
即將到來;
eg. The forecasters say more snow is on the way.
天氣預報員說不久還將有降雪。
eg. She is married with twin sons and a third child on the way.
她已經結婚,有一對雙胞胎兒子,第三個寶寶也即將出世。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章