口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第66期:關於金錢 Money

本文已影響 1.02W人 

padding-bottom: 66.33%;">美語情景對話 第66期:關於金錢 Money

Todd: James!

詹姆斯!

James: Yo!

嗨!

Todd: if you had a million dollars...

如果你有一百萬美元……

James: Mm-hm...

嗯……

Todd: if you won the lottery...

如果你中了彩票……

James: Yes.

是的。

Todd: What would you do?

你會怎麼做?

James: I would buy a small island, build a house there, and invest the rest of my money so that I would never have to work again.

我會買一座小島,在上面建一座房屋,並且把所有的錢都拿來投資,這樣我就不用再工作了。

Todd: OK, So are you talking a tropical island, or...

好的,你想買熱帶小島,還是……

James: A tropical island, yeah, or maybe I would give it all to charity and have a bridge named after me.

我喜歡熱帶島嶼,也許我會把所有錢都捐給慈善機構,並且用我的名字捐建一座橋。

Todd: That's two different things there. How bout the island? Would you want to be alone, on a secluded island or?

這完全是兩碼事。那買小島呢?你是想一個人生活在荒島上,還是?

James: No, I would want all of my friends to come and visit me often.

不,我希望我的朋友能經常來看我。

Todd: OK. Nice. So how would you pass the time on this island?

很棒。你在島上要怎麼打發時間?

James: I would read books. I would study. I would go swimming, go fishing, and play with my dog.

我會讀書,學習。我會去游泳,釣魚,和我的狗一起玩。

Todd: OK. Do think money can make people happy, can buy happiness?

好的。你覺得金錢能使人高興嗎,能換來幸福嗎?

James: No, but it can sometimes make it easier. It depends on what you buy.

不能,但有時能讓人活得更好。這取決於你怎麼花錢了。

注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章