口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第405期:Bargains 便宜貨品

本文已影響 1.83W人 

I'm an English teacher in Japan and when I first came here I didn't really have very much money so I found things quite expensive and I went out looking for cheap bargains. I came across a shop and it called the 100 Yen shop. It's absolutely fantastic. 100 Yen is about 50 p, 50 pence that is. I think that's about 1 dollar, and you.go in there and everything is 100 yen. You can buy all sorts of things in a 100 yen shop. You can buy food. You can buy things for your house, things for your bathroom, your kitchen. You can buy ornaments and stationary and things like shampoo. I really, really like to get a bargain and when I go in and I know that I've found something and it's worth buying, I really, really get excited about it, and it sends shivers down my spine. We have a shop in Britain and it's quite similar to the 100 yen shop. It's called Pound Land and so everything in it is 1 pound. Not everything is a real bargain.

我在日本當英語老師,我第一次來這裏的時候,我沒有太多錢,所以我覺得東西非常貴,於是我就去四處尋找便宜的東西,我偶然發現一家商店,名爲100日元店。那簡直太棒了。100日元大概是50便士。我想100日元大概是1美元,走進店裏你會發現店內的所有商品都只要100日元。你可以在100日元店買到各種東西。你可以在那裏買到食物,也可以買到你的房子需要的東西,買到浴室、廚房裏需要用到的東西。你還可以買到裝飾品、文具和洗髮水這樣的東西。我真的很想能買到便宜貨,而我走進這家店以後發現,我確實找到了一些值得買的東西,我真的對此感到非常興奮,這讓我非常激動。我們英國有一種類似於100日元店的商店。商店名爲一磅店,顧名思義,這家店裏的商品都只要1英鎊。但並不是所有東西都很划算。

Some things are really pretty rubbish but if you do find a bargain, it's great. It reminds me really of what we have in Britain called car boot sales. They are places where people go and they feel their cars full of things that they don't want anymore and they sell them and people look through other people's items and they find the things that they want to buy and they barter, so they try and get things for a cheap price. It's really good though when you get a bargain. How do you feel about that?

有些東西的質量真的非常不好,但是如果你能買到便宜貨,那還是不錯的。這使我想到英國的跳蚤市場。人們如果覺得他們車裏裝滿了東西,而他們又不再需要那些東西了,那他們就會去跳蚤市場把這些東西賣掉,他們會去看其他人賣的東西,如果他們找到了想買的東西,那他們就會進行交換,他們試圖以低價獲得某些東西。在你想買便宜貨的時候這是種非常不錯的方法。你們怎麼認爲呢?

美語情景對話 第405期:Bargains 便宜貨品

重點講解:
1. come across
偶然發現;偶然遇見;
eg. I never remember having come across a man like that.
我怎麼也記不起碰到過這樣一個人。
eg. This is the worst place I've come across.
這是我見過的最差的地方。
2. all sorts of
各種各樣的;形形色色的;
eg. All sorts of thoughts were running through my head.
各種各樣的想法在我的腦海裏閃過。
eg. He was turned to for advice by all sorts of people.
各種各樣的人都向他求教。
3. be similar to
相像的;相仿的;類似的;
eg. The two cats are similar to each other in appearance and size.
這兩隻貓的模樣和大小相仿。
eg. For Jack, it was just a job. A job similar to any other.
對傑克來說這僅僅是一份工作,和別人的工作沒區別。
4. remind sb. of sth.
(因爲相似)使聯想到;
eg. She reminds me of the wife of the pilot who used to work for you.
她讓我想到過去爲你工作的飛行員的妻子。
eg. This reminds me of Christmas parties.
這讓我想起聖誕聚會。
5. look through
逐一查看;瀏覽;
eg. I want to look through the drink list first.
我想先看看看飲料單。
eg. When I look through my old photos, I am lost in memory.
當我又翻弄那些舊照片時, 往事又涌上心頭。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章