口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第310期:郵遞員

本文已影響 2.45W人 

Todd: Um , Kawabe you said you used to be a bike delivery person.

託德:川邊,你說過你曾經做過騎單車送貨的工作。

Kawabe: Yes, I was. It was not very long but I was doing that for like 6 months.

川邊:是啊,我做過。我做的時間並不長,大概做了6個月的時間。

Todd: Do you mean push bike or motorcycle?

託德:你是說自行車還是摩托車?

Kawabe: Push bike? What is a push bike?

川邊:什麼是push bike?

Todd: Push bike is like the one you ride with you legs.

託德:就是用腿作爲動力騎行的那種車。

Kawabe: Oh, no, no. no. The motorcycle.

川邊:哦,不是,不是那種。是摩托車。

Todd: Motorcycle! OK.

託德:摩托車呀!好的。

Kawabe: Yes! Yes! 400 cc. I forget the name of the bike, but it was kind of one really fast, and then, you know what they are doing, they just go, OK, if you are sending a letter, a very important document, you want to send it to somewhere really fast, very, very quickly!

川邊:對,沒錯!是400cc排量的摩托車。我不記得那輛車的名字了,不過是那種非常快的車,你知道那種車的,很快,如果你要送封信,送一份非常重要的文件,你要用非常快的速度把它送到某個地方去。

Todd: Like for a signiture of something.

託德:就像爲某份文件簽字之類的。

Kawabe: Yeah, whatever it is! Like and then, you call me. You call to my company and the company call to my mobile or beeper, and then, "hey Kawabe, you go to that place," and you get the address, and I look it up in my map, and I go to your place and pick up the thing and deliver to your receiver.

川邊:對,隨便什麼啦!就像那種,你就會給我打電話。你會給我的公司打電話,然後公司就會給我打電話或是傳呼我,就像“川邊,你要去那裏”,拿到地址後,我會在地圖上查找那個地方,之後我就會去你說的那個地址取件然後送給收件人。

Todd: Oh, to the receiver, to the recipient (Yeah), the recipient.

託德:哦,送給收件人,給收貨人,(對),收貨人。

Kawabe: And then since it's a bike delivery it's always something you've got to deliver really fast, so which means it's a really dangerous job, you know, so many people, my colleagues had a car accident.

川邊:因爲是單車送貨,所以要用非常快的速度遞送,意思就是說這是一份非常危險的工作,所以許多人,我的許多同事都發生過車禍。

Todd: Oh really!

託德:哦,真的嗎?

Kawabe: Definitely, if you,..

川邊:當然了,如果你……

Todd: Not you right? You were OK?

託德:你沒發生過,對吧?你還好吧?

Kawabe: Not me! Since I thought I, you know, I can have a really big accident if I keep on this job, that is why I quit.

川邊:我沒發生過!我曾經想,你知道,如果我繼續做這份工作,我可能也會發生一場大車禍,所以這就是我辭職的原因。

Todd: Good !

託德:真是好的選擇!

Kawabe: If you do that job for one year, definitely, you'll have one accident at least.

川邊:如果這份工作你做了一年的時間,那你肯定至少會發生一次車禍。

Todd: Seriouly!

託德:真的嗎?

Kawabe: Yeah! Seriously!

川邊:是真的!

Todd: Man, wow! I heard something similar in the U.S. Big truck drivers, on average over their career, kill at least one person.

託德:哇!我聽說美國有類似的工作。就是大貨車司機,他們的工作生涯中,平均至少會有一個人丟掉性命。

Kawabe: Yeah, the same kind of thing, you know! Especially in Tokyo. You know, there's millions of cars and motorcycles, and people walking on the street, you know it's really dangerous, and even if you are a safe driver, someone's gonna hit you, (Yeah) so.

川邊:對,這是相類似的工作!尤其是在東京。你知道,那裏有數百萬車輛和摩托車,人們就那樣走在街道上,這非常危險,即使你安全駕駛,也可能有人會撞上你。(沒錯)

Todd: There's nothing you can do.

託德:你什麼事也做不了。

Kawabe: You can run away if you are on the street but there's no place to run away, so, anyway, that was, that was an exciting job. I really enjoyed that because you are always outside. The rainy days, you know, I didn't like that, but on the sunny day, autumn, spring, and it was great to drive in Tokyo city. You could go everywhere and meet a lot of people and so. Yeah, I met one person, he was a manga writer. How do you say?

川邊:如果你在街上你可以逃跑,但是其實沒有地方可以跑,總之那是一份刺激的工作。我真的很享受那份工作,因爲你總是在外面工作。不過我不喜歡下雨天,要是晴天,在秋天和春天的時候,在東京駕車的感覺非常棒。你可以去任何地方,會見到很多人。我曾經遇到一個人,他是名漫畫作家。你們是這麼說嗎?

Todd: Yeah, manga writer, sure, yeah!

託德:對,沒錯,是漫畫作家!

Kawabe: And then the publishing company asked me to take, how do you say, the document for the next week?

川邊:出版公司讓我,你們怎麼說,就是爲下週準備的文件?

Todd: Oh, like the, the new issue. (Yeah) Yeah, the first draft, or whatever.

託德:哦,是新版吧。(對)嗯,或是初稿之類的吧。

Kawabe: Yeah, and then he had to finish that one like until that day, so "Hey, Kawabe, you go to that manga writer's house and pick up the documents he's gonna give you, and then you bring that, the draft, how do you say? (Yeah) to the publishing company." OK, and I'd been to his house and I had to wait like four hours in front of his door cause you know, you can imagine, he couldn't finish up his work (Yeah, yeah) so he like in every thirty minutes he comes to the door, and says, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm gonna finish it in 10 minutes. It will be done in the next 10 minutes." And then he goes back and I wait and I just kept waiting from the door and actually, four hours later, he gave me the manga.

川邊:對,那個作家要在某一天前完成,所以他們會說“川邊,你去那個漫畫作家的家裏把他要交的稿件拿來,之後拿着那份草稿,你們怎麼說那個?(就是這樣)把它送到出版公司去。”所以我就去了他家裏,可是我不得不在他家門口等了4個小時,因爲你知道,你可以想象,他還沒有完成他的工作(嗯),所以他每過30分鐘就走到門口來說“抱歉,10分鐘以後我就完成了。10分鐘以內我會完成的。”之後他就回去工作了,於是我就一直等,一直等在門口,4個小時以後,他把漫畫稿給我了。

Todd: Really! (Yeah!) Did you read it on the way?

託德:真的嗎?(對)那你在路上看那份漫畫了嗎?

Kawabe: No, yeah, I was really tempted but I couldn't do that, and yeah, I brought that to the publishing company. That was so funny!

川邊:沒有,實際上我非常想看,可是我不能這麼做,所以我把它送去了出版公司。那真的很有趣!

Todd: Cool story!

託德:這故事真酷!

美語情景對話 第310期:郵遞員

重點講解:
1. look up
(在參考書、列表等中)查檢(事實或信息);
eg. Please look up a fast train to Leeds.
請查一下去利茲的快車。
eg. I'm usually just using the search engines to look up information.
我通常只是用搜索引擎找一些資料。
2. keep on
重複;繼續;
eg. Don't keep on bothering me.
別老磨人!
eg. You'll soon go to pieces if you keep on working like that.
如果你繼續那樣工作的話,很快就會垮下來。
3. run away
離開;逃離;躲開;
eg. Three years ago I ran away to Mexico to live with a circus.
3年前我逃到墨西哥,和一個馬戲團生活在一起。
eg. He broke the window and ran away.
他打破窗子逃跑了。
4. finish up
完成;做成;
eg. We must finish up this business ahead of time.
我們必須提前把這件事了結。
eg. I am going to finish up a slide presentation of this year's profits.
我要完成一份有關今年盈餘的幻燈簡報。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章