口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第316期:Rugby 橄欖球

本文已影響 2.84W人 

Todd: OK, Kevin, I hear that you're from Wales.

託德:凱文,我聽說你來自威爾士。

Kevin: Yes, I'm from Wales.

凱文:對,我來自威爾士。

Todd: And you're really into rugby!

託德:那你肯定非常熱愛橄欖球!

Kevin: Yeah, I love rugby. Um, in Wales everybody plays rugby, in primary school, in juniorhigh school we play rugby. When I was in high school everybody in my high school had to play rugby. All the boys had to play rugby. And it's our national sport.

凱文:對,我非常喜歡橄欖球。在威爾士,所有人都玩橄欖球,我們在小學和中學都會玩橄欖球。我上高中的時候,我們學校的所有學生必須都要打橄欖球。所有的男生都必須打橄欖球。這項運動是我們的國球。

Todd: OK. Uh, do you still play now?

託德:好。那你現在還打橄欖球嗎?

Kevin: Ah, I played about five years ago. I played in Japan in Kobe. The club was called Kobe Regata club.

凱文:我五年前還在打。當時我在日本神戶打過橄欖球。那傢俱樂部名爲神戶Regata俱樂部。

Todd: OK.

託德:好。

Kevin: And they were very strong. Yeah, but in this country you play on sand, but in Wales you play on grass. It's a lot easier to play rugby in Wales.

凱文:對手非常強壯。不過在日本這裏橄欖球是在沙子上玩的,可是在威爾士我們是在草地上玩。在威爾士打橄欖球要容易得多。

Todd: Um, What's the best thing about rugby?

託德:橄欖球最好的地方是什麼?

Kevin: Violence. Ah, it's very good because you can run and you can hit somebody and you don't go to jail for doing it 's the same as if you've been to America, the same as American football. Uh, it's very strong and when you practice you become stronger. Your body becomes stronger and it's just fun to play rugby.

凱文:暴力。這點非常好,因爲你可以跑動,撞擊某人,而你卻不會爲此而進監獄……在美國也是一樣的情況,與美式橄欖球一樣。嗯,這是一項強壯的運動,而你可以在練習中變得更加強壯。你的身體會變得很強壯,打橄欖球非常有樂趣。

Todd: Have you ever broken a bone or...?

託德:那你有骨折或是……

Kevin: I've broken my nose, I've had about ten stitches in my bottom lip. Ah, I've broken a finger. That's not too bad. Many of my friends have broken their legs and knees... and problems but not too bad for me.

凱文:我的鼻子骨折過,我的下嘴脣縫了十針。我的手指也骨折過。這還不算太糟。我有很多朋友的腿和膝蓋都骨折過……這是這項運動的問題,不過對我來說不算太壞。

Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Kevin.

託德:很好。謝謝你,凱文。

Kevin: Thank you.

凱文: 謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第316期:Rugby 橄欖球

重點講解:
1. be into sth.
對…很感興趣;極喜歡;
eg. He is into science fiction while I am into poems.
他喜歡科幻小說而我喜歡詩歌。
eg. Don't be into computer games, it's bad for you.
別迷上電子遊戲,對你是有害的。
2. as if
好像;彷彿;
eg. She looks as if she got back to her childhood again.
她似乎又回到了她的童年時代。
eg. We must try to carry on as if nothing had happened.
我們必須繼續下去,只當作什麼都沒有發生過。
3. the same as
與…相似;與…一樣;
eg. I had to remind myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!
我得提醒自己表現得自信和表現得完美並不是一回事!
eg. She knew he felt just the same as she did.
她知道,他的感受和她的一樣。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章