口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第195期:橄欖球 Rugby

本文已影響 2.74W人 

Todd: OK, Leonard, you're from New Zealand.

託德:嗯,倫納德,你來自新西蘭。

Leo: Yes. Yes.

倫納德:對,沒錯。

Todd: So we're going to talk about your country's national pastime.

託德:我們要談談你們國家的國球。

Leo: Oh, that would be Rugby.

倫納德:哦,那應該是橄欖球。

Todd: OK.

託德:好的。

Leo: Uh, the All Blacks is well known around the world, especially here in Japan.

倫納德:嗯,新西蘭全黑隊聞名全世界,尤其是在日本非常知名。

Todd: Uh-huh.

託德:喔。

Leo: Especially if you talk to nearly any Japanese, they'll know the word All Black.

倫納德:特別是,如果你和日本人說起,幾乎所有的日本人都知道全黑隊。

Todd: Yeah.

託德:是的。

Leo: It's actually the World Cup, uh, this year, in October.

倫納德:實際上今年有橄欖球世界盃,在10月份舉行。

Todd: Really, where, where is the World Cup?

託德:真的嗎?橄欖球世界盃在哪裏舉辦?

Leo: It's actually held in Australia.

倫納德:實際上是在澳大利亞舉辦。

Todd: Oh, really!

託德:哦,是嗎!

Leo: And around, around, mainly around Sydney.

倫納德:主要是在悉尼附近。

Todd: OK.

託德:好的。

Leo: And right now is the rugby Tri-Nation Cup, which is a match between New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa.

倫納德:現在正在進行橄欖球三國賽,比賽在新西蘭、澳大利亞和南非之間展開。

Todd: OK. Do you play rugby?

託德:嗯。你打橄欖球嗎?

Leo: I don't play rugby. I played rugby in school, but I actually play soccer.

倫納德:我不打橄欖球。我在學校打過橄欖球,但是現在我踢足球。

Todd: Oh, really! OK. So you're kind of a, an anomaly?

託德:哦,真的呀!好的。你有點另類啊?

Leo: Yes, yes, yes! I do support the team, and I like to watch all the games.

倫納德:對,是,沒錯!我非常支持全黑隊,我會看所有的比賽。

Todd: Uh-huh!

託德:嗯!

Leo: And I have a lot of friends here in Japan, and we get together just to watch the game. There's actually a game this Saturday. New Zealand against Australia, which is a big one.

倫納德:我在日本有許多朋友,我們會聚在一起看比賽。實際上這週六就有場比賽。新西蘭對陣澳大利亞,這可是焦點戰啊。

Todd: Are you going to watch he game?

託德:你打算看比賽嗎?

Leo: Oh, Yes! Definitely!

倫納德:當然了,一定要看!

Todd: All right! Well, go, go All Blacks.

託德:好的!嗯,加油,加油,全黑隊!

Leo: That's right.

倫納德:沒錯。

Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Leonard.

託德:很好。非常感謝你,倫納德。

美語情景對話 第195期:橄欖球 Rugby

重點講解:
1. well known
adj.出名的;衆所周知的;
eg. He is well-known as an illustrator of children's books.
他是個著名的兒童書籍插圖畫家。
eg. I'm afraid your school is not as well known as you think!
恐怕你的學校並不像你所想的那麼有名。
2. get together
開會;聚會;組織;安排;湊集;
eg. This is the only forum where East and West can get together.
這是東西方可以聚首的唯一論壇。
eg. Paul and I were getting a band together, and we needed a new record deal.
當時我和保羅在組建一個樂隊,我們需要籤一份新唱片合約。
eg. Now you've finally got enough money together to put down a deposit on your dream home.
現在,你們終於湊足了錢,可以去爲夢寐以求的房子交訂金了。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章