口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第403期:Veggies 蔬菜

本文已影響 6.47K人 

Todd: So, Ruth, now, you are a vegetarian.

託德:魯斯,你是一個素食主義者。

Ruth: That's right.

魯斯:沒錯。

Todd: So what is a good vegetarian dish that you cook?

託德:那你最擅長烹飪的素食菜餚是什麼?

Ruth: Well, actually, I'm not a very good cook, so that would be difficult to say. I quite like to make, like a vegetable stew with tofu in it. Things like that, but it's not very exciting.

魯斯:嗯,實際上,我並不是個好廚師,所以這很難說。我喜歡在燉菜裏面放豆腐。我喜歡這種食物,但並不是很令人興奮。

Todd: Well, how do you make the stew?

託德:嗯,你怎麼做燉菜?

Ruth: Well, firstly, you get all of the vegetable ready and so you chop them up and the potatoes and you boil the potatoes and then you boil the other vegetables, and you fry the tofu with onions and then I think you just put it all together in a pan and stick it in the oven, I think.

魯斯:首先,把蔬菜準備好,然後切碎,把土豆煮熟,之後再煮其他蔬菜,把豆腐和洋蔥一起炒熟,之後我想把這些一起放在盤子裏,再放入微波爐。

Todd: Sounds pretty good.

託德:聽起來真不錯。

Ruth: It's very easy.

魯斯:非常簡單。

Todd: What vegetables do you usually put inside the stew?

託德:你通常在燉菜裏面放什麼蔬菜?

Ruth: Oh, things like carrots and lettuce and courgettes sometimes, mushrooms, and really any vegetables that are in season that I can get hold of.

魯斯:哦,我會放胡蘿蔔、生菜,有時還會放小胡瓜和蘑菇,通常我會放我能買到的應季蔬菜。

Todd: Courgettes? Is that squash? Zucchini?

託德:Courgettes?那是南瓜還是小胡瓜?

Ruth: I think it might be squash. No, I think it's zucchini.

魯斯:我想應該是南瓜。不,我覺得應該是小胡瓜。

Todd: Zucchini.

託德:小胡瓜。

Ruth: I think it's zucchini.

魯斯:我覺得是小胡瓜。

Todd: OK, yeah, I think in the states we call it zucchini.

託德:好的,我想在美國我們稱爲zucchini。

Ruth: And you would call aubergine, eggplant.

魯斯:我們說茄子是aubergine,而你們則稱之爲eggplant。

Todd: Yes. What do you call eggplant?

託德:對,你們怎麼說茄子?

Ruth: Aubergine.

魯斯:Aubergine就是茄子。

Todd: Aubergine.

託德:Aubergine茄子。

Ruth: Yeah.

魯斯:對。

Todd: How do you spell it?

託德:這個詞怎麼拼?

Ruth: Good question. A-U-B-E-R-G-I-N-E.

魯斯:好問題。A-U-B-E-R-G-I-N-E。

Todd: Wow. How do you spell courgettes?

託德:哇。courgettes小胡瓜怎麼拼?

Ruth: C-O-U-R-G-E-T-T-E。

魯斯:C-O-U-R-G-E-T-T-E。

Todd: That's pretty good. Now can you spell Zucchini?

託德:真不錯。現在你會拼Zucchini小胡瓜了嗎?

Ruth: Probably not. Z-U-C-C-H-I-N-I.

魯斯:可能拼不出來。Z-U-C-C-H-I-N-I是嗎。

Todd: Yeah, maybe that's it. One more time.

託德:對,可能是。再拼一次。

Ruth: Z-U-C-C-H-I-N-I.

魯斯:Z-U-C-C-H-I-N-I。

Todd: Yeah, I think that's it. Zucchini. I'm not even sure.

託德:對,沒錯。就是這個。其實我不太確定。

Ruth: I'm not either.

魯斯:我也不確定。

Todd: Yeah, what's your favorite vegetable?

託德:好,那你最喜歡的蔬菜是什麼?

Ruth: Ah, it has to be broccoli.

魯斯:啊,那一定是綠菜花。

Todd: Oh, yeah?

託德:哦,是嗎?

Ruth: I really like broccoli. They look like little trees, there that's nice.

魯斯:我真的非常喜歡綠菜花。它們看起來像小樹一樣,非常不錯。

Todd: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, if you just get one broccoli and start eating it, you can't even finish it. It's just so big.

託德:對,沒錯。好,如果你有一個綠菜花,那你永遠都吃不完。因爲它太大了。

Ruth: Oh, you can. You definitely can.

魯斯:哦,當然可以吃完。你絕對可以吃完。

Todd: Well, how do you cook your broccoli?

託德:嗯,你會怎麼烹飪綠菜花?

Ruth: Just very briefly really because there's nothing worse than soggy broccoli. You cook it. You boil it in a pan with water only for a three or four minutes. What's your favorite vegetable?

魯斯:非常簡單,沒有比淖綠菜花更簡單的了。只有把它放進鍋裏用水煮三四分鐘就好了。你最喜歡的蔬菜是什麼?

Todd: That's a good question. I would have to go with the eggplant and the "aubergine"?

託德:這是個好問題。我想那一定是茄子,你們是說aubergine嗎?

Ruth: Aubergine.

魯斯:對,aubergine。

Todd: Aubergine. So the aubergine as you call it, yeah.

託德:茄子。就是你們稱爲aubergine的茄子。

Ruth: I think eggplant's the best. Really, don't you think they're sometimes a bit soggy?

魯斯:我想茄子是最棒的。你不覺得它們也應該蒸熟了吃嗎?

Todd: Actually I kind of like them that way.

託德:實際上我不喜歡那樣吃。

Ruth: Really.

魯斯:是嗎?

Todd: Yeah. I like them any way. Although the bad thing about the eggplant is you can't eat it raw.

託德:是啊。不管怎麼說,我很喜歡茄子。不過茄子最不好的就是不能生吃。

Ruth: Yeah, that's true. It takes effort.

魯斯:對,沒錯。需要加工。

padding-bottom: 66.75%;">美語情景對話 第403期:Veggies 蔬菜

重點講解:
1. chop up
切碎;剁碎;
eg. Chop up three firm tomatoes.
拿3個硬西紅柿切碎。
eg. I don't like to chop up onions. That makes me cry.
我不喜歡切洋蔥,它令我掉眼淚。
2. in season
(水果等)正旺;當令;應季;
eg. Some fruits are in season.
有些水果現在正是應季。
eg. Hotel rooms are more expensive in season.
旅遊旺季時,旅館的房費很貴。
3. get hold of
(通常指好不容易)得到,獲得;
eg. He read everything he could get hold of and formed his own conclusions.
他查閱了他能搞到的一本資料,然後作出自己的結論。
eg. The only electrician we could get hold of was miles away.
我們唯一能夠聯絡到的電工離這裏有好幾英里遠。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章