口語英語實用生活英語口語

美語情景對話 第241期:Football 足球

本文已影響 1.28W人 

Todd: Sarah, so what sports do you like?

託德:薩拉,你喜歡什麼運動?

Sarah: My favorite spectator sport is football. I support Newcastle United in England.

薩拉:我最喜歡的運動是足球。我支持英國的紐卡斯爾聯隊。

Todd: Newcastle United.

託德:紐卡斯爾聯隊。

Sarah: Newcastle United, Yeah.

薩拉:對,紐卡斯爾聯隊。

Todd: Are they a good team?

託德:他們是一支強隊嗎?

Sarah: Um, yeah, I think they're pretty good. They finished fifth in the premiership this year, so they're near the top.

薩拉:嗯,對,我認爲他們非常好。他們在今年的英超聯賽中獲得了第五名的成績,所以他們離冠軍已經很近了。

Todd: OK, so right now we have the Euro cup. And last night England played.

託德:好,現在正在舉行歐洲盃。昨晚有英國隊的比賽。

Sarah: They did.

薩拉:是的。

Todd: Yeah, did you see the game?

託德:嗯,你看那場比賽了嗎?

Sarah: Ah, no I was going to watch it tonight actually in Shibuya but I'm thinking maybe not now because we lost on penalties.

薩拉:沒有,我本來打算今晚去涉谷看比賽的,不過我現在可能不會去看了,因爲我們在點球大戰中落敗了。

Todd: Yeah, what was the score?

託德:對,比分是多少?

Sarah: Ah, the final score was 2 all (2-2) and then it went to penalties and I think it was 6-4. So England always lose on penalties.

薩拉:啊,最終比分是2比2平,之後點球大戰的結果好像是6比4。英國總是在點球大戰中輸球。

Todd: They always lose on penalties?

託德:他們總是在點球大戰中輸球嗎?

Sarah: Yeah.

薩拉:是這樣的。

Todd: Well, sorry. Maybe in the World Cup, next time.

託德:嗯,真遺憾。可能下次的世界盃會有好表現。

Sarah: Maybe. Maybe. Yeah.

薩拉:也許吧。也許。

Todd: Now do you ever play football?

託德:你踢足球嗎?

Sarah: No, I've never played.

薩拉:不,我從來沒踢過。

Todd: Never.

託德:從來沒有。

Sarah: Never played, no.

薩拉:對,從來沒踢過。

Todd: OK. Do you ever go and watch games in Newcastle?

託德:好的。那你在紐卡斯爾看過足球比賽嗎?

Sarah: Um, it's very difficult to watch games in Newcastle because it's a big club and it's Premiereship and you have to book in advance quite a few years but I've seen some first division football clubs play against each other.

薩拉:嗯,在紐卡斯爾看比賽非常難,因爲它在英超聯賽中算大的俱樂部,你必須要提前好幾年訂票,不過我看過幾場甲級聯賽的比賽。

Todd: You have to get tickets two years in advance?

託德:你要提前兩年訂票嗎?

Sarah: For the big clubs, yeah. They're booked up.

薩拉:對大俱樂部來說,是這樣的。那些票會訂光的。

Todd: That's pretty intense. So when there's a game on TV then what do you do? Do you watch it at home? Do you go to a pub?

託德:門票很緊張啊。那電視上放足球比賽時你會怎麼做呢?在家裏看嗎?還是去酒吧看?

Sarah: Ah, it depends on the game. I like it and I like Premeireship football, and I like World Cup football and Euro 2000 but I wouldn't watch particularly a first division game on the television, but normally I would go to the pub with friends and watch the game.

薩拉:哦,這取決於是什麼比賽。我喜歡看英超比賽,喜歡看世界盃,喜歡看2000年歐洲盃,但我不會在電視上看甲級聯賽的比賽,一般我會和朋友一起去酒吧看比賽。

Todd: Do you think that athletes make too much money?

託德:你認爲運動員賺的錢是不是過多?

Sarah: I think footballers do. Yeah, I think they do. I think they do a good job but I think they're incredibly overpaid.

薩拉:我認爲足球運動員賺的錢過多。對,我認爲是。我認爲他們表現很好,可是我覺得他們的收入過高。

Todd: Yeah, I think it is the same thing in the states. I think they make too much money.

託德:沒錯,我覺得美國也是這種情況。我認爲他們的收入太高了。

美語情景對話 第241期:Football 足球

重點講解:
1. in advance
提前;事先;
eg. British Summer Time is one hour in advance of Greenwich Mean Time.
英國的夏季時間比標準時間快一小時。
eg. The booking office sells tickets 3 days in advance.
售票處預售3天的票。
2. book up
滿號;訂光;
eg. I could not get even one ticket since all the seats were booked up.
我一張票也弄不到,所有的座位都已預定一空。
eg. By now, every place must be booked up.
現在這時候到處都被訂滿了。
3. depend on
取決(於);有賴(於);
eg. The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato...
所需的烹飪時間取決於土豆的大小。
eg. What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina...
日後之事將有賴於他與德索利納的談話結果。
eg. How much it costs depends upon how much you buy.
價錢取決於你買多買少。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章